Any MSF ridercoaches on this forum?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just curious to see if ther are any others here that teach MSF courses on thier FJR.
I was going to be assisted teaching many classes, I retired from the AF before I got to go to the school. You a Coastie?

Last edited by a moderator:
A firend and I signed up for a Maryland trainer class this Spring and got turned down. Shocked the heck out of us. They said that the Spring classes are totally full, but to re-apply for a summer class, as those usually have a couple of empty seats.

BRC's are done on 250cc trainers while the ERC's are completed on your own ride. I have been coaching ERC's on my FJR for the last several seasons now and, though it is big for the course, handles it quite well. There was some discussion here about how the AE model handles some of the slower maneuvers, but seems to me, the AE just needed a bit more finesse.

Friction zone is your friend!

I teach The Motorcycle Riders Training Course offered by Safety Services, Newfoundland, Canada. We use the same course material and techniques as the MSF.

Yes I am a Coastie now. Was a jar head for 4 years. Been USCG for 12 years now. Been a ridercoach for about 2 years, I dint have demo bikes, so unfortunatley everyone has to supply a motorcycle so it has its challenges. I teach BRC and ERC both done on my FJR. Tried it on the wifes nonja 500R but the student just dont respect you when you ride the demos on a little bike like that. Plus I can rider cleaner on the FJR than I can on the little ninja anyhow. Ninja is now gone since the wife decided not to ride.

Bandit:

Yes. I have taught ERCs for years and just got trained on the new ARC-ST/MSRC. Sometimes I use one of my Buells for these courses as well.

Dave

Going this week for my first of three weekends to become certified as a RiderCoach. Looking forward to it.

I don't teach very often - just not enough weekends to go around. When I do, the demos are done on one of the range bikes.

During one session, before it was illegal to do so, we had the students walk the bikes from the storage to the range. Two ladies were huffing and puffing as they struggled with their assigned GN125s. One asked 'Are REAL motorcycles as big and heavy as these?'. Just couldn't resist it. During the break, I parked my real, big and heavy FJR beside the range. The students oohed and aahed over it, and asked if I actually rode it. Gotta love it.

Jill

FYI - Ridercoach in Northern VA. Seems to be growing shortage of ridercoaches in this area. Doesn't seem to be enough to keep up with demand.