Any recommendations for a non-slip mesh seat cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kampod

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had good experience with mesh seat covers?
I have a Seth Laam seat, it’s comfy, but unfortunately I picked a type of upholstery that’s rather slippery. I can sit anywhere I want up to the first bump, after that I’m sitting where the seat wants me to :) Wondering if a mesh cover would give me relieve in this crazy hot weather, and added much needed friction and stability without the cost of reupholstering. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9718.jpeg
    IMG_9718.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
From pic, looks like I have a similar LAAM seat. Is that the CF look material? Take a look at black mesh rubber shelf liner. Seriously. Pillion uses it to stop sliding around. Not the most attractive, but works. Cut to size, tuck in front and back to hold in place.

Good luck!

~G

+1 on the black shelf liner stuff. My SO used that stuff exclusively on her seat to keep her from sliding forward into me when I hit the brakes. Several other NERDy couples around here adopted the same strategy. Stuff’s cheap.

Only trick is getting it shaped and staying put. I used to just wrap it over the top and then use packing tape on the underside to keep it tight and in place. Once the seat is installed it tended not to wander too much.

But, SWMBO prefers to ride her horses these days rather than on the back of my bikes. I don’t mind, as long as we are both happy with our rides.

And I have a Russell Daylong, which, due to the shape, doesn’t cause me to slide forward. My Russell is leather covered, and I’ve found that some leather conditioners will leave a “tacky” surface that inhibits sliding. Maybe there is something for vinyl that would do similar, ideally without making a mess.

Agree with Bill DownUnder. Also have a wind river cover to address my slippery Corbin seat. Best $79.00 I ever spent. Adds cooling and comport. Get one you won't regret it.

I thought of the same thing George said as soon as I started to read your post, but reupholstering a Laam seat? Sacrilege. I know it's banned in the NFL but maybe you can still get some of that Stickum they used to put on their hands. Just rub it on your ass.

I bought a cheap imitation on AliExpress or temu of the wind river ($25) and used it on my vstrom 800 for 14k mile trip to Alaska and it worked great.

Attachments

• 17235801335063181946698475649639.jpg
    17235801335063181946698475649639.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts