Anybody else using the Y-Anchor??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Migliore

Reaction score
Friends -

Anyone else using the Y-Anchor??

I had an '03 Connie that, after 2+ years and 52K + miles got stolen last summer. (uhhhh... i've since upgraded)...

Subsequently, securing my '07 FJR became a priority - so I purchased the Y-Anchor and was curious if anyone else had.

Here's a pic
DSCN3571_wk-1_sm.jpg
:

Dave Mig.

Yeah, but you're in deep shit should the thief have a wheel looking for something to put it on.

Yup - but you do what you can do. I wasn't suggesting this was a be all / end all security solution - but there are a number of cascading alternatives.

Low-Jack, cameras, uhhhh... shotgun?....

Dave Mig.

I find this discussion strange - we don't even lock our houses or our cars around here.

I find this discussion strange - we don't even lock our houses or our cars around here.
For "fun", read some of the British bike mags like Performance Bikes. They have a horrible bike theft problem over there. One guy parked his bike (IIRC it was a GSXR-750) in front of his car, and the thieves lifted the bike over the car to steal it. Another article was an anonymous interview of dock workers that put bikes out then waited in a panel van to jump whoever tried to steal it. Each member had more than one bike stolen from him. Chain setups like this sell like hotcakes, and there's even an insurance industry rating for each product.

Me, I just remember when we caught 3 black kids trying to roll my Hawk 650 away at work during one Thanksgiving weekend. They thought it'd been left over the weekend, but we were working inside. It was terrible how they all fell down the hill so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, I just remember when we caught 3 black kids trying to roll my Hawk 650 away at work during one Thanksgiving weekend. They thought it'd been left over the weekend, but we were working inside. It was terrible how they all fell down the hill so badly.
Wow.

I use my insurance company. My bike came from GA, and I had to put a bit of it back together. All in I was at 7K, but my insurance agent values it at 13.5K. Use whatever helps you sleep at night. <_<

BTW........ I keep mine in a locked garage with my Scorpio i500 alarm activated (I had a bike stolen too).

Your theft insurance is the only thing that truly protects your investment IMHO.

It is curious that you felt you needed to include that adjective. What was the significance to the story?

Perhaps you should have included what brand of jeans they were wearing?

Full coverage and a locked garage (with no side door or windows) attached to a brick house. If they really want it they'll get it but that's why I also have home owners insurance.

Full coverage and a locked garage (with no side door or windows) attached to a brick house. If they really want it they'll get it but that's why I also have home owners insurance.
That's my feeling as well. At home, it goes in the garage and the garage door is locked.

I figure I'll try to make my bike a decent amount of work to steal, so it's not a target of opportunity, and beyond that, depend on insurance.

If I was going to park the bike for a while somewhere open that I'm real worried about, I'll lock the fork.

Something like a light dirtbike or moped is a little different, as someone could easily pick up the front wheel and wheel the bike off even if the fork is locked, so I might use a chain or something in that case.

If someone has tools, they can steal it. I can't imagine that a chain is going to defeat a determined thief with access to simple tools. A bolt cutter, angle grinder, or reciprocating saw should make pretty short work of a chain.

It is curious that you felt you needed to include that adjective. What was the significance to the story?

Perhaps you should have included what brand of jeans they were wearing?
And that's what the "Wow" was about.

By the way, you do have to watch out for those bastards wearing the Wranglers. Shifty bunch they are.

It was terrible how they all fell down the hill so badly.
There's no hills either . :glare: in Florida