Anybody hard launched an AE yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastmax

Reaction score
As in Dragstrip style full throttle from a dead stop? I am curious as to how the computer deals with it and what the results were.

Roy

As in Dragstrip style full throttle from a dead stop? I am curious as to how the computer deals with it and what the results were.Roy

Motorcycle Consumer News had the AE a full second slower than the A, I believe, in the quarter mile. Something about not being able to launch as hard without a clutch lever. :glare:

I beleve that it was Bikeffects that laid a big darkie in the parking lot on an AE when he test drove it at WFO ????

I beleve that it was Bikeffects that laid a big darkie in the parking lot
[SIZE=18pt]ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/SIZE]

turd.jpg

Don't he know the parkin' lot ain't no place to lay no darkie!

I beleve that it was Bikeffects that laid a big darkie in the parking lot on an AE when he test drove it at WFO ????
While testing the AE at WFO, I did just that. I had to know! Off the line acceleration was much less than I can do with my old fashioned '03 using clutch slipping techniques. The Yamaha rep who witnessed my antics told me about the black strip.

Oh, and Howie. You're a sick bastard! :rolleyes:

While testing the AE at WFO, I did just that. I had to know! Off the line acceleration was much less than I can do with my old fashioned '03 using clutch slipping techniques. The Yamaha rep who witnessed my antics told me about the black strip.

Oh, and Howie. You're a sick bastard! :rolleyes:
My work here is done. "NEXT!"

:lol:

My work here is done. "NEXT!" :lol:
Dammit, RadioHowie, don't you know that it is not possible to un-SEE stuff????

Just as John Belushi gave us Larry "Pinto" Kroger and Kent "Flounder" Dorfman in Animal House, I give you Radio "Bowl Lobster" Howie. Gross. UFB.

As in Dragstrip style full throttle from a dead stop? I am curious as to how the computer deals with it and what the results were.Roy
Be prepared to hang on. I was running with 2 As the other day and had no problem hanging in there leaving lites.

As in Dragstrip style full throttle from a dead stop? I am curious as to how the computer deals with it and what the results were.

Roy

Motorcycle Consumer News had the AE a full second slower than the A, I believe, in the quarter mile. Something about not being able to launch as hard without a clutch lever. :glare:
I think it has more to do with ignition retardation between WOT shifts on my AE. The bike takes off just fine. i can shift more "efficiently" on my 05. No clutch - load lever and back off for a milli second. No retardation no clutch slip. However even with all that the AE seems to do quite well.

The take off, upshifts and downshifts are always very smooth.

On the 05 back tire lasted 6000 miles, got 9500 on the rear AE tire and still life left in it. Ride just as hard on both.

020s and Avons on 05. Z6 on AE - not sure this makes a difference but if tires (not bike) do then the Z6 win hands down as they handle well too!

Radiowhowie......is a very.........very.........bad man.
... and I believe he is in direct violation of the registration requirements on two(2) counts: "You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

He deserves a time out. This is much worse than political shit for which others (no names please) have been given time outs.

... and I believe he is in direct violation of the registration requirements on two(2) counts: "You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

He deserves a time out. This is much worse than political shit for which others (no names please) have been given time outs.
If the admins deem it necessary, I'll take my lumps and shit quietly for a week, oops...I mean SIT, but you need to observe Forum Rule #6. Deal?

Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes... sticks in peoples eyes are so much more palpable than a turd. :rolleyes:
Are we off topic yet?... oh yeah, laying darkies.

Do you need to wipe after one like that ?

What the hell do you have to eat to make one of those ?

Does Cola make it go away ?

Do you need to wipe after one like that ?What the hell do you have to eat to make one of those ?

Does Cola make it go away ?
That's not one of mine. I googled "turd" and found that. After 4 intestinal rebuilds in the past 4 years, when I "leave a darkie" it's like Nessie surfacing for a quick look-see. :) :lol: :)

But to answer your query...

1 - you need to BATHE after one like that

2 - lots of everything

3 - Cost of living adjustment?