Anybody know what GPS will fit this mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

43Duc

Reaction score
This mount came with my bike I bought yesterday. I know zip about GPS and will just get a used or refurb for it:

100_3539.jpg

What an interesting way to mount a RAM ball mount. Sideways on the bar. The cradle appears to be one of the square Nuvi 500 types. RAM HOL-GA32U

41qPcpeS03L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Get one of these Wyn-Bone mount. Get rid of the U--bolt on the bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
The approximate dimensions are 4.25 wide x 3.5. The u-bolt mount seems sturdy and unobtrusive. Not sure why I'd replace it if I can find a GPS to fit. I'm new to farkling, so I don't really know.

That plastic part of the mount is so cheap, you're better off getting the GPS you want and either getting a new cradle piece, or using the GPS supplied mount.

The expensive pieces are the balls and arms. When I was using a Nuvi, car GPS, I used a cradle that looked a lot like that one. Now the Zumo has its own powered mount.

I agree. Buy the GPS you want and spend the ~$8 to buy the cradle you need.

-worney

That plastic part of the mount is so cheap, you're better off getting the GPS you want and either getting a new cradle piece, or using the GPS supplied mount.

The expensive pieces are the balls and arms. When I was using a Nuvi, car GPS, I used a cradle that looked a lot like that one. Now the Zumo has its own powered mount.