Anybody running a full Muzzy or Holeshot system without a PC?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlson_mn

Reaction score
Well I installed the full Muzzy system / PCIII and have tried running the bike with the Muzzy map, Holeshot headers map, stock map, and zero map. I like the holeshot for it's top end, but both it and the muzzy map felt rich and a little bogged down on the lower rpms. The zero map actually performed really nice but didn't have the power of the holeshot in the midrange or top end. I have started leaning out the holeshot setup off idle and in the highway cruise areas.

Just wondering if anybody is running a full system with no PC at all and how you like it and how is your MPG??

DSCN5004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a full Muzzy system and I run a Dobeck Techlusion EFI controller. I had holeshots in the past (full system), but went back to stock due to loss of mid-range. Although I didn't have time to tinker with the Muzzy system because I put it on so late last fall, I am going to predict that I (and you) will run into the same situation-less mid range. This is a traditional header trade-off: more top end, less bottom. However, from 4,000 up, it will flat out scream. I hope to lose less due to the cross-over pipe Muzzys have, but we'll see.

Interesting. It's tough to honestly tell the difference because the bike is so powerful either way, and especially with all the noise the Muzzy is making at WOT it's tough to concentrate anyways :clapping: .

I just set the the 2/5/10 settings to 0 (stock) up to 7k rpm's today on the PC3 and left the rest up to the holeshot map, and I seem to really like it. I also am getting more mileage per 'dash tach' than before also.

Both the muzzy map and the holeshot map seemed to bog just a bit and felt rich when letting the clutch out and getting going in 1st gear. When I set it back to stock it pulls smooth and is eager.

I am really tempted to hook up the o2 sensor again and just run the zero map and see how it runs. I did about 3 miles of running around with the zero map (and o2 unplugged) and the bike seemed to run just fine, but it was a bit weaker in the midrange.. I never had any surging issues stock either.

I fitted Holeshot headers year last year, had them mapped by Dynojet uk, there was a loss of mid range and no significant increase anywhere else. It resulted in poor fuel economy. I decided to go back to standard exhaust with the bespoke fuel map by Dynojet uk . I have crisp throttle response and excellent fuel economy-mid 40s mpg

Andy

I'm running a full muzzy without a PC. As per our last trip out west 9000 miles , avg 45mpg with two up. No issues with performance, running +7 from stock settings.

I run a full Muzzy system with no PCIII or any other fuel map changes. I also run an oiled foam air filter. I haven't noticed a change in fuel economy from stock, I also haven't found a noticeable a difference in performance, so you probably do need a PCIII or some other mechanism to remap your fuel if you want to maximize the performance available. I did feel the difference in weight in the twisties when I first installed the Muzzy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted Holeshot headers year last year, had them mapped by Dynojet uk, there was a loss of mid range and no significant increase anywhere else. It resulted in poor fuel economy. I decided to go back to standard exhaust with the bespoke fuel map by Dynojet uk . I have crisp throttle response and excellent fuel economy-mid 40s mpg
Andy
I think I may have gained a bit from 4,000 and up with Holeshots, but that was with a Techlusion (which is infinite gradations to add or subtract fuel, no set maps). No matter what I did (I also called Dave for advice), I couldn't get that stock oomph up to 3,500 to 4,000.

>I've monkeyed with headers on more bikes in 40 years that I remember and lost on lower rpms, gained on higher on most if not all. That is, until I added NOS on my drag bikes, then it doesn't much matter.

>Because I like the low to mid-range best on the FJR, if I can't get enough back with the Muzzys, I'll go back to stock.

Andy
I think I may have gained a bit from 4,000 and up with Holeshots, but that was with a Techlusion (which is infinite gradations to add or subtract fuel, no set maps). No matter what I did (I also called Dave for advice), I couldn't get that stock oomph up to 3,500 to 4,000.

>I've monkeyed with headers on more bikes in 40 years that I remember and lost on lower rpms, gained on higher on most if not all. That is, until I added NOS on my drag bikes, then it doesn't much matter.

>Because I like the low to mid-range best on the FJR, if I can't get enough back with the Muzzys, I'll go back to stock.
Karmack

It's been over a month since your last post - hows the full Muzzy setup working? I am looking to get the same setup.