Anybody with the CeeBaileys REPLACEMENT stock screen? Please get in here.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELP_JC

Reaction score
Hi gang. Did a search but nothing; apparently most folks order wider, taller, or both, hence this thread.

Anyway, I want to replace my stock screen for 2 reasons: want a tinted one, and it's damaged from a sandstorm I was caught in, so I'm considering the darkest CeeBaileys offers (gray) in stock size. I saw a picture of a +2, +2 somewhere here, and it looks plain, without the complex curvature changes of the stock one, so I assume the +0, +0 version will be equally plain.

My question for whoever owns the stock size CeeBaileys is how does it change the wind blast. I don't have a problem with the stock one at all in its down positon, which is the position I'll use 100% of the time, even in winter, unless it rains. When raised, I get a bit of buffeting, but it's almost obvioius any similarly sized screen will have this, since it moves significantly more forward while being raised, and I'm fine with it. I want to make sure the Bailey's won't create buffeting when lowered due to its different shape.

I'd also like to see one in a picture, since CeeBailey's website doesn't have any pictures of the screen I want, and no pictures of their gray version. Thanks for your help folks.

JC

Something to think about....

If you ride in the rain the tint may make the OIL spots less noticeable... I have heard the blue tint makes it very hard to see them but maybe the gray won't.

Hi gang. Did a search but nothing; apparently most folks order wider, taller, or both, hence this thread.
Anyway, I want to replace my stock screen for 2 reasons: want a tinted one, and it's damaged from a sandstorm I was caught in, so I'm considering the darkest CeeBaileys offers (gray) in stock size. I saw a picture of a +2, +2 somewhere here, and it looks plain, without the complex curvature changes of the stock one, so I assume the +0, +0 version will be equally plain.

My question for whoever owns the stock size CeeBaileys is how does it change the wind blast. I don't have a problem with the stock one at all in its down positon, which is the position I'll use 100% of the time, even in winter, unless it rains. When raised, I get a bit of buffeting, but it's almost obvioius any similarly sized screen will have this, since it moves significantly more forward while being raised, and I'm fine with it. I want to make sure the Bailey's won't create buffeting when lowered due to its different shape.

I'd also like to see one in a picture, since CeeBailey's website doesn't have any pictures of the screen I want, and no pictures of their gray version. Thanks for your help folks.

JC
I got the larger CeeBaile's, I wanted something a little higher and wider so I got the 2" wider by 2" higher clear windshield, I like this one better because I can run it up to take the wind off of me if I want to. I don't notice as much back pressure with this one about 3/4 of the way up either, the stock size felt like it wanted to suck the jacket off of me when I rode at speed, kinda makes you look like the michelin tire man. I personally like it. clutchless1

Guess will wait until I take the bike to the mountains before making a determination. Thank you 2 for your observations. I'll raise the windscreen tomorrow on the highway to also determine how bad is the buffeting, and if I need to see thru it. On the BMW, I never had to see thru the screen, so didn't think about that. I might on this one; need to verify that. Take care.

JC

Guess will wait until I take the bike to the mountains before making a determination. Thank you 2 for your observations. I'll raise the windscreen tomorrow on the highway to also determine how bad is the buffeting, and if I need to see thru it. On the BMW, I never had to see thru the screen, so didn't think about that. I might on this one; need to verify that. Take care.JC
Ok I have the +2 by +2 with gray tint and flip lip

This was also the the only way I could control the wind noise on the FJR And belive me the flip lip will make you want one on on every bike you own. It stoped head buffiting on my CBR and the FJR. Go for it

Scotty