Anyone around KY have a corbin close

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I would really like to try a corbin close seat before ordering.

I have a standard canyon, and I like that I can slide back during a spirited ride.

During cruising I find that I need to be about 1.5-2 inches closer to the bars in order to be in a comforatble sitting position.

Scooting up is better, but then I'm sitting on the wrong part of the seat which makes it less comfortable, and if I give it too much gas, I slide back.

If anyone around KY has one, I'd take a day trip to try it out, I would just hate to order it and find it's not right for me.

With or without KY?

I have a standard canyon, and I like that I can slide back during a spirited ride.
KY will make you slide -- I don't suggest it -- especially if you have a 'standard canyon'

During cruising I find that I need to be about 1.5-2 inches closer to the bars in order to be in a comforatble sitting position.
Hmmmmmmmmm... again -- use less KY.

Scooting up is better, but then I'm sitting on the wrong part of the seat which makes it less comfortable, and if I give it too much KY, I slide back.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anyone has some KY around, I'd take a day trip to try it out, I would just hate to order it and find it's not right for me.
good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how long of a daytrip you're talking about, but I'm about 30 minutes south of Cleveland in zip code 44212. Depending on what part of KY you're in, it could be a longer day trip.

PM me if you want to swing up.

With or without KY?

KY will make you slide -- I don't suggest it -- especially if you have a 'standard canyon'

Scooting up is better, but then I'm sitting on the wrong part of the seat which makes it less comfortable, and if I give it too much KY, I slide back.

If anyone has some KY around, I'd take a day trip to try it out, I would just hate to order it and find it's not right for me.
good luck!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good lord that was funny, sick, but still funny.

I don't know how long of a daytrip you're talking about, but I'm about 30 minutes south of Cleveland in zip code 44212. Depending on what part of KY you're in, it could be a longer day trip.
PM me if you want to swing up.
That would take about 5 hours. I have friends in Pitt. Maybe I'll call them and see if I ride up there for a weekend. Then it would only be around 2 hours, I'll PM you if that pans out.

Appreciate it.

With or without KY?

good luck!!!
For winter time riding, might I suggest the self warming KY!