Anyone doing Biketoberfest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Former FJ1200 owner, New FJR1300 owner

I would love to meet fellow FJR fans

John in tampa
Hello John,

I'm located in Hudson and I teach at Gulf Middle in New Port Richey.

I'm going up to Biketoberfest on Friday night (actually going to Orlando to stay overnight with daughter on the way) and coming back on Saturday night with a friend from Tampa. Just got my feejer in early August.

Gary

I might be headed over Saturday morning from Orlando. Depending on what route either of you are interested in taking, I would be willing to meet up along the way. I'm thinking about 92 on the way over and 415 for the return trip, but I'm flexible.

Dave

I might be headed over Saturday morning from Orlando. Depending on what route either of you are interested in taking, I would be willing to meet up along the way. I'm thinking about 92 on the way over and 415 for the return trip, but I'm flexible.

Dave
Of course if I can talk Jim into heading up, I'll go via Mims! What about you Mark? :)

i would be more than happy to ride with either of you. i should be back in tampa by fri, and as long as i can catch my mon morning flight back out, my schedule is totally open.

My Wing riding buddy and I will be in Friday afternoon, staying in Deltone, returning to Tallahassee on Sunday. If anybody wants to meet up for a while on Friday night or Saturday, put up a time and place.

I'm not riding right now due to a recent surgery, butt I could meet up with some of you if we could decide on a meeting spot.

Yamaha tent

OR

I am going to a RTE (in my van...)in Flagler Beach on Saturday Oct 16.

Tire kicking starts @1100, restaurant opens @ 11:30; I'm meeting some MTF folks there including Ray King that is gonna give me a few lessons in mapsource to gps skills...

He's asked that if folks are interested in attending, that you contact him so he can give the restaurant a heads up, butt an extra person or two probably wouldn't make a difference.

Details:

"On 9/15/2010 14:30, Ray King wrote:

*Biketoberfest RTE, Saturday, October 16th, 2010. *

(This is about 20 mi north of Daytona Beach, so you don't actually have to

GO to Biketoberfest...)

*Martins Restaurant

2000 S Oceanshore Blvd (A1A)

Flagler Beach, FL

(386)439-5830

N 29 27.595

W081 07.043*

Tire-kicking at *11AM*; the restaurant opens at 11:30.

This is 1.6 mi south of Moody Blvd, SR 100, at the intersection of A1A and

S. 20th St. We will have a private upstairs room with a great view of the

beach and the Atlantic Ocean. For those who have attended previous

RTE's at

Caribbean Jack's, Martins has better food and is much more reasonably

priced!

Please respond (off-list preferred) if you plan to attend, as I need to

give

the restaurant a headcount.

Ray King

email: [email protected]"

Forgive my noobness, but what does RTE stand for? Ride to eat?

I'm not riding right now due to a recent surgery, butt I could meet up with some of you if we could decide on a meeting spot.

Yamaha tent

OR

I am going to a RTE (in my van...)in Flagler Beach on Saturday Oct 16.

Tire kicking starts @1100, restaurant opens @ 11:30; I'm meeting some MTF folks there including Ray King that is gonna give me a few lessons in mapsource to gps skills...

He's asked that if folks are interested in attending, that you contact him so he can give the restaurant a heads up, butt an extra person or two probably wouldn't make a difference.

Details:

"On 9/15/2010 14:30, Ray King wrote:

*Biketoberfest RTE, Saturday, October 16th, 2010. *

(This is about 20 mi north of Daytona Beach, so you don't actually have to

GO to Biketoberfest...)

*Martins Restaurant

2000 S Oceanshore Blvd (A1A)

Flagler Beach, FL

(386)439-5830

N 29 27.595

W081 07.043*

Tire-kicking at *11AM*; the restaurant opens at 11:30.

This is 1.6 mi south of Moody Blvd, SR 100, at the intersection of A1A and

S. 20th St. We will have a private upstairs room with a great view of the

beach and the Atlantic Ocean. For those who have attended previous

RTE's at

Caribbean Jack's, Martins has better food and is much more reasonably

priced!

Please respond (off-list preferred) if you plan to attend, as I need to

give

the restaurant a headcount.

Ray King

email: [email protected]"

I always thought the preferred place to meet was "Under the Hatch" @Ponce Inlet. Several FJR meetings have been there. Sorry I can't make it :(

Yes, RTE = ride to eat

Under the Hatch? OK by me; I was just saying where I'd be on Saturday. I'm open to all suggestions; just wish I was riding, but I live close enough to this area to meet up. I would like to get by the Yamaha tent this weekend sometime...

I always thought the preferred place to meet was "Under the Hatch" @Ponce Inlet. Several FJR meetings have been there. Sorry I can't make it :(
PS; did you mean "Down the Hatch"?

https://www.down-the-hatch-seafood.com/map.htm

At first I thought you meant that little place under the Dunlawton bridge butt that really isn't Ponce Inlet, so I googled it.

Yes, I know this place, butt haven't been there for some time...

Im gonna try to make it to that restaurant, it looks good.

I cant guarantee i will make it for sure though as I still have to fly back from Utah tomorrow.

How well does everyone know each other that are planning on meeting up. I just don't want to feel like a total outsider.

Thanks

John

At this point I'm unable to make definite plans for tomorrow (Sat.) I will be going over at some point, but I have a couple of family obligations to work into the day, so plans are up in the air. Hope to see some of you over there.

Newb from Jax. I may be riding down tomorrow afternoon.(Sat). I've been many times, but never at night! Anybody riding down from NE Florida? I haven;t met anyone yet, so another outsider to join the outsider. :)

-Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up to Daytona today and had two FJR sightings. I attended the MTF RTE in Flagler Beach; from there went to the speedway to the Yamaha tent to see new Tenare 1200 and looked at the FZ8. Both looked great; I asked one of the Yama workers what the alternator output was and I guess he both didn't know or care, not in the specs (have we talked about that here? I'll have to go back over the T12 thread). Great looking bike tho!

When I was leaving I saw a '08A with a trunk on it parked.

My friend called as I was leaving and wanted to meet up; he was down to Merk's in New Smyrna Beach, so I hit the interstate, got off on SR44 and headed in to NSB. When I was going by New Smyrna Harley Davidson & Pub 44 (adjacent properties) I saw a Gen 1 silver with tour pack, a set of two brothers cans, FL plates, and he was two up. He/they were heading into the HD dealer/Pub 44 with a throng of HD's (dunno if he was with them or just in the crowd turning).

Anyway, if anyone is headed up tomorrow; not sure I'll be up butt maybe. Only problem is I'm not riding at this time due to a surgery last week - it sucks driving my big 'ole Econoline cargo van around lots of bikes, but what the heck. Lemme know and I'll meet up if I can...

I stopped by "Down the Hatch" at 6 today but didn't see any of you guys.

On the way back to Okeechobee I linked up with a gen I (an 04 I think) that was riding 2 up going south on I-95 north of Fort Pierce.

I also saw a couple of Harley's.

I was there Sat and Sunday but my Feej kept stalling out on me. I wasn't real pleased so I left early Sunday. Turns out the sidestand switch was going bad. Sorry I didn't see any fellow FJRriders.