Anyone else garage-less?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to cover the FJR better for the winter here in SoCal. Contrary to popular belief, the weather can be pretty bad sometimes, and where I live it's compounded by the fact that is can get really windy, 70 mph gusts aren't unheard of during the windy season. Add rain and it's pretty sucky. (OK I know it's not 30 below, but...)
I have been looking at these so called "garages".

https://www.cycleshell.com/specs.html

Anyone out there with one, or similar? I like the idea of a complete cover.

I would purchase a small metal shed, from Home Depot or another similar store. It should cost around $300 if you can catch a sale, and it should be substantial enough to keep the FJR nice.

I would purchase a small metal shed, from Home Depot or another similar store. It should cost around $300 if you can catch a sale, and it should be substantial enough to keep the FJR nice.
I was thinking the same thing. However, won't the metal trap in a lot of moisture? I do live in Hawaii, so it's quite humid outside!

Believe it or not, I still haven't heard back from CycleShell... I was waiting to see what the shipping would be, then weigh the options against a shed. Of course a shed wouldn't be able to move with me when I left, but I'm ok with that as I should be able to sell it locally.

Wow an old thread that I started!

I ended up buying a Cycle Shell and it's been great for me. It's a little more that canvas over a frame. It's nice that it has a "floor" that you drive up on. My comments about it are:

1. If I was to buy one now I'd get the biggest one no matter what type of bike I had. I have to take my top box off to fold the shell over the bike, the extra room would be cool.

2. It doesn't seal up quite a hermetically as I'd like, not to say it leaks or anything, it doesn't, but I'd like to keep rodents out and it won't do that.

3. I've not noticed moisture problems, but it only rains here in the winter, and it's rarely humid.

I've had it for 3 seasons and no issues whatsoever. Very convenient, and much more portable than a shed

Wow an old thread that I started!
I ended up buying a Cycle Shell and it's been great for me. It's a little more that canvas over a frame. It's nice that it has a "floor" that you drive up on. My comments about it are:

1. If I was to buy one now I'd get the biggest one no matter what type of bike I had. I have to take my top box off to fold the shell over the bike, the extra room would be cool.

2. It doesn't seal up quite a hermetically as I'd like, not to say it leaks or anything, it doesn't, but I'd like to keep rodents out and it won't do that.

3. I've not noticed moisture problems, but it only rains here in the winter, and it's rarely humid.

I've had it for 3 seasons and no issues whatsoever. Very convenient, and much more portable than a shed
Did you have an issue getting a reply back from the company? Sent an email out over the weekend and still haven't heard a word back from them. Even followed up with a second one, just in case.