Anyone ever use D&D exhuast?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2wilson

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a set of D&D exhaust for the FJR and was wondering if any of you have ever used them? I am looking at their 'Show & Go' Aluminum Dual Slip On Exhaust and was curious if any of you have any feedback on them. I used one of their exhaust systems on a 4-wheeler once, but have never heard any of their systems on a street bike.

yes, usually D&D are quite loud. not a good enjoyable loud, an attention getting hey look at how fast I'm going, loud.

They aren't bad but they are and will be as they wear Loooouuuuddddd. My brother has had one on his Triumph for years. Holy crap you can hear him when he gets off the freeway and all the way up the hill to my house and the freeway is two miles away!

+1 on the D&D's being louder, I have heard them on various bikes incl the FJR, personally I wouldn't be happy with them, just due to the sound. I don't feel they have as deep a sound as others either, a bit higher pitched and a bit more raspy sounding. IMHO

Maybe a little late.....I just put a set of D&D Show Chromes on mine........so far I like'm a lot. Could have installed them in 20 minutes if I didn't have to go and buy a couple of M10x1.25 thread lock nuts. The fit is perfect and you don't have to buy exhaust gaskets, when the bike warms up the fit is so tight nothing can leak. I quickly did a short U tube on the sound......

I had the neighbors out watching the install and they liked the looks and the sound as well. Did a couple of drive-bys and you can barely hear it go by at low revs. So far so good on these, they are quiet when you want and loud when you hit the burners. There was another guy on a different forum who had run the D&D's for a few years and his experience was positive also. He actually set up a decibel meter and checked the pipes at half of full RPM and found these pipes only register 95Db......which meets Iron Butt rules if that matters.......

At 35-50mph you could drive thru any city in the country and not be noticed at normal power......

Maybe a little late.....I just put a set of D&D Show Chromes on mine........so far I like'm a lot. Could have installed them in 20 minutes if I didn't have to go and buy a couple of M10x1.25 thread lock nuts. The fit is perfect and you don't have to buy exhaust gaskets, when the bike warms up the fit is so tight nothing can leak. I quickly did a short U tube on the sound......