Anyone have a Gen 3 factory service manual?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Trying to determine if gen3 has OBD II port connector?

Ionbeam is thinking it might be possible to reflash the ecu to allow > 80 mph cc.

If you have a manual, any chance you can look and post up?

..and yes, I have a gen3 FSM on order.

Tx

Trying to determine if gen3 has OBD II port connector?
Nothing in the manual I see anywhere with "OBD" in it anywhere and no connector I've ever seen physically on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. There isn't. Since it isn't mandated by the gubmint there is no reason to spend money putting one on, I suppose.

Big bummer, no OBD II port. There was no guarantee that the cruise speed would have been changeable but that kind of thing usually is. What would have been spiffy would be access to the spark timing. Access to the spark timing and decel fuel cutoff on the Gen I would have been MAJOR in taming the beast, even the earlier Gen II would have been helped a lot.

Ok then. Thank You all and I'm off to ECU land.
Cost per (s)mile will be pennies Don...swap the ECU if you feel the need!

--G
I agree. We western peeps routinely ride remote and vast terrain at, ahem, somewhere north of the 2013 imposed limit. Not that I would do such a thing, of course because I obey all laws at all times. Really.

Ok then. Thank You all and I'm off to ECU land.
Donnie Boy, just wanted to let you know your "Naomie" comes with a Haynes 2013 FJR Service Manual.

51NOUl6PaTL._SX384_BO1204203200_.jpg