anyone have aftermarket pipes on 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for aftermarket exhaust for 08

pipe city shows only 2 bros for 08 (had on 05, too loud)

they show leo vince for 06/07 (with quiet inserts)

Dont believe there are any differences with 07 /08 , but want to get some feedback from forum members

Looking for aftermarket exhaust for 08pipe city shows only 2 bros for 08 (had on 05, too loud)

they show leo vince for 06/07 (with quiet inserts)

Dont believe there are any differences with 07 /08 , but want to get some feedback from forum members
I carry Leo Vince and Sta-in-Tune and they are the same for the '08.

I just installed my Holeshots off my 05 on my 08. Worked great... sounds even better! :yahoo:

Leo Vince - look good and the sound is right on - not too loud but you know there is 144+ hp. Check avatar

I got the Leo Vince carbon from Bike Effects and was very pleased on the sound and ease of installation. They come with two insterts, one standard type that goes in the tail section and this thing that goes inside between the can and the adapter pipe.

FJR028.jpg

It looks very restrictive and its mainly for the very strict euro noise standards. I left both baffles out and the sound is very nice. With the tail baffle in it is only a tiny bit quieter and the pitch seems a tad higher.

After call to dealer he told me to through out the round discs. I believe he is right. The inserts are for Euro machines. Check the vendor list on forum. I got really quick service to FL(about 6 days from order placement)