Anyone Have Side Bag Instructions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudewado

Reaction score
I recently found the bag, (No, it wasn't Lola. It was a plastic bag.), with the extra lock, hole covers, and shims for the side bags.

I had put them in a safe place six years ago and forgot I had them, since I never needed them.

I never saw instructions for the bags and am wondering if the shims are used to adjust the bag mounting?

My bags have more movement than I would like. I can hear them rattle when I hit bumps.

On a different subject: The good news is, today is the first time it has hit 70 degrees here since last year.

The bad news? Here I am at work, 6 AM to 6PM.

The better news? It's going to be almost 80 tomorrow! I'll be off for two days, and all the squids and Sunday drivers will be back at work.

Shims? Now I gotta dig through the stuff that came with my bike, cause I don't remember seeing anything like that...

I have mine.

"If required place shims under mounting bracket to adjust the alignment of the side case"

This assumes you have the mounting bracket behind the passenger footrest with the rubber damper pointing towards the outside.

You say an extra lock right? That comes with the bike for the Yamaha Top Box so it's keyed the same.