Anyone Headed to Sturgis

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Sure! I haven't had my bike pissed on for a long time now. And all the well manered people in costume. Won't miss it.
Hear that..One year out at the "old" Loudon, NH zoo I caught a drunken pirate pissing on my Sazook..He needed stitches and if not for my NYS Trooper riding buddy [best farkle ever] I would have needed bail..I keep away from those places now..

Went there by accident on the FJR in 2005. Was just passing through on the way home from WFO with another rider and happened to run right into bike week. Figured to make a pass through town just to see what was up and keep going, first exit turned out to be full of bike manufacturers giving demo rides on every model in their line ups. We were like a couple of kids loose at the carnival !

Ended up staying the night in a campground and signing up for every demo ride for the next day we could back-to-back. Barely enough time to get off one bike and run to the next. It was one of the best times I've had.

There was one girl marching uphill to Mt. Rushmore with the most perfect body I've ever seen. Every other rider in a do-rag was pulling over to hit on her without any luck. I got pictures with a digital camera loaned to me by my son, upon arrival at home he choked the download and lost the pictures for the entire trip ! Didn't matter , her image was already burned into long term memory cells for life. Ah, what a trip !

Spent some time on a gas station bench watching the endless procession of HD's ten wide with their mama's on the back flashing breasts at us spectators. Noticed the whole procession would stop for pedestrians to cross the intersection- but only if you had a do-rag. So dropped into the store across the street and bought one, spent some time crossing the intersection repeatedly wearing full ATGATT and my new do-rag while grinning at the 10,000 HD's I'd just stopped. :lol:

I'd go back again just for the manufacturer rides, and the chance to mess with some bad ass dentists, Dr's and accountants some more.

Last edited by a moderator: