Anyone in East TN or Western NC have a Russell seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogfro

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum category for this, but here goes:

I'm trying to decide if I want to spring for a Russell seat, but I can't justify spending the money without seeing/sitting on one first. Does anybody in east TN or western NC have a Russell seat that they wouldn't mind me coming over to sit my butt on for a few minutes? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be @ Maggie Valley Monday night, and most likely @ the dragon Tuesday night. Bear in mind that just sitting on it won't tell you as much as putting a 1K day in the saddle, AND these are built to the person usually. With that said, I bought mine used off the forum and there is no way I'd ever do without one again. Makes big days much easier IMO.

I'll PM my cell

Thanks for the offer -- unfortunately I won't be able to make either of those on Monday or Tuesday. Sent you a PM with more details.

Anybody else out there?

Hello Mike! Remember the Sargent seats you sold me a bit ago? They're gone already. Sold them after getting on the RDL group buy list mentioned by the poster above. The Sargent was nice compared to the stock seat, but not perfect for me as I had hoped. If you have any idea you might want a Russell, you need to get in on the group buy above as soon as possible. May already be too late...

Thanks for the info guys.......but I think I'm gonna wait until I can actually try out a Russell seat before buying one. I'm tired of "seat swapping" for the time being. :rolleyes: