Anyone know of any mesh jackets for kids?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xc1974

Reaction score
I'm looking for something for my son who is 8 and wants to ride more. I'm wondering if anyone has found any mesh gear in youth sizes? I have found some textile with no or very little venting, but really want mesh so he's not so hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I picked up a jacket at my local dealer this weekend for my 12 year old son. I ended up going with a small women's jacket. Just don't tell him that.

Do you have a Cycle Gear around you? They have a youth line. I don't know of kids jackets come in mesh or not, but if not, Joe Rocket makes a really nice women's small, or maybe Extra small that would probably fit him. My wife has a really nice white one, so no pink involved.

Oh, and LCB just sent me a very small women's mesh jacket that is blue and black. I think it's a Tourmaster. My 8 year old wore it the other day.

Had an X-Small mesh jacket from Joe Rocket. Fit my girls for several years. Last month, I saw a guy with his young son on the back with a windbreaker and no gloves. I had him follow me home and gave him the jacket and a pair of gloves for the lad. Glad to see him wear them on the way out.

Although it fit loose when my youngest first started riding, the adjustable waist and elastic straps on the arms helped a lot.

Had an X-Small mesh jacket from Joe Rocket. Fit my girls for several years. Last month, I saw a guy with his young son on the back with a windbreaker and no gloves. I had him follow me home and gave him the jacket and a pair of gloves for the lad. Glad to see him wear them on the way out.
Although it fit loose when my youngest first started riding, the adjustable waist and elastic straps on the arms helped a lot.
That's awesome! Glad to hear you helped a kid be more safe!