Anyone try Decibullz custom ear buds?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not. But that's not too expensive if they work well. I use Shure monitors. Everything about them is great, but one of the nice things is that they go over your ears, so there's not tugging or having them dislodged when you put your helmet on. They're around $100 though. I need to bite the bullet next time I find one of those custom molded plug guys at an event in the Atlanta area and go full on, just to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just broke down and hade the full custom ones made and I wish I had done it years ago. I find myself using them at work when I need to use hearing protection, and they fit under the helmet so much better then any earbuds I have tried.

I just broke down and hade the full custom ones made and I wish I had done it years ago. I find myself using them at work when I need to use hearing protection, and they fit under the helmet so much better then any earbuds I have tried.
What ones did you end up going with?

These look interesting - and surprisingly inexpensive. I think the concern is more about how far they protrude outside the ears regardless of how well they fit.

True custom ones I've seen are pretty much flat on the outside.

I searched the reviews found on Amazon using a keyword "motorcycle" and they have mixed reviews.

Ran across these and while I'm sure they don't work as well as true custom molded ones, maybe they work well enough to not spend the extra $100+? Anyone have any experience with these they can share?
https://www.decibullz.com/product/contour-custom-fit-earbuds/
These do look interesting.

And I too am curious to know far they stick out from the ear. I use an older pair of etymotic's that do a good job blocking noise while providing good sound quality, but if I don't put them in just right they sick out a bit to far and rub on my helmet pads.

Ran across these and while I'm sure they don't work as well as true custom molded ones, maybe they work well enough to not spend the extra $100+? Anyone have any experience with these they can share?

And I too am curious to know far they stick out from the ear. I use an older pair of etymotic's that do a good job blocking noise while providing good sound quality, but if I don't put them in just right they sick out a bit to far and rub on my helmet pads.
I miss my etymotics - those were great. They developed a loose connection or static or something. Now you can't get that style anymore.

I am using Earfuze and am very happy with them. They have gone up in price, though. I paid $38. I would pay the current price if I needed to replace them.

I have a set from Westone Audio the elite series I went to a hearing aid place here in town and they did the molds for me and if I have any problems or questions they are easy to get ahold of.

I did the same thing... Custom molds. I found that I actually listen to music or whatever at a much lower volume than regular earbuds. They're not cheap but they work great. I've even used them to block out snoring roommates.

Ear-ific Molds

Tim Mcarthy

770-992-0048

2363 Brittany Ln
Marietta, 30062-5783

I miss my etymotics - those were great. They developed a loose connection or static or something. Now you can't get that style anymore.
I used the er6 till they stoped working so I replaced them with the hf5. After a few years of use they are still working well. I use them on the bike, lawn mower etc.

I was looking at the etymotic mc5 and mk5 which are the same price, but I'm not sure what advantage the mk5 offers since the mc5 seems to be better sound quality. There must be some feature to make the mk5 the same price but they haven't done a very good job of differentiating them in the marketing material.

Considering the price of the bike, the price of the gear and all the other expenses, what is an extra $100 to go to custom buds...really...?
smile.png

I'm seeing the AC20 for $379. Maybe if they stopped making Shure's. That's almost $300 more.

I'm seeing the AC20 for $379. Maybe if they stopped making Shure's. That's almost $300 more.

I was looking at the etymotic mc5 and mk5 which are the same price, but I'm not sure what advantage the mk5 offers since the mc5 seems to be better sound quality. There must be some feature to make the mk5 the same price but they haven't done a very good job of differentiating them in the marketing material.
My understanding is the MK5 is slightly smaller than the MC5 and will fit better under a helmet. To allow them to be smaller they have a different audio driver.

I gave my son the MK5 for Christmas and I compared them to my Etymotics and they are smaller both in diameter and in length. I don't recall the model of mine, but they are not the discontinued ones that everyone loved.

+1 on Weston Earplugs. Great quality and you can get different filters. I use -9dB at work and -25dB on the bike. Because they are custom made, they will not hurt your ears like the foam ones do if you keep them all day long.