Anyone use a Nolan N-102 helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbay

Reaction score
Been using an Arai Quantum f for the last 5 years and it's time to get a new helmet.

On my 04 FJR this helmet is very noisey even with ear plugs , which I always use.

I was out looking today and kind of like the Nolan N-102 flip with built in moveable sun shade .

Does anyone have this helmet and what are your likes and dislikes . Wind noise , venting ,sun shield ,or anything else. Would be much appreciated.

Been using an Arai Quantum f for the last 5 years and it's time to get a new helmet.On my 04 FJR this helmet is very noisey even with ear plugs , which I always use.

I was out looking today and kind of like the Nolan N-102 flip with built in moveable sun shade .

Does anyone have this helmet and what are your likes and dislikes . Wind noise , venting ,sun shield ,or anything else. Would be much appreciated.
Yes, I have a couple of these....bought them for wife, daughter and myself. I probably have 5,000 to 6,000 miles with mine. Great helmet for hot weather riding with flip-up. It is not the quietest helmet I have ever used but similar to my Shoei Syncrotec. The shields are a real plus. You can ride without sunglasses and still have sun protection if you need it. The helmet is stable in buffeted air...nice design. Good air movement through the vents keeps it reasonably cool. I rode in 100 degree weather in new mexico last weekend...vents better than my Syncrotec did.

The Absolute biggest plus for me.......It fits my oblong head better than most and its a fairly light helmet. It's fairly priced at about 300 bucks in my opinion.

Go for it.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I have interest in this helmet also, but alas, we have no local dealers. I have heard and read some enticing things to make me believe I would like this helmet, I would order one over the internet if I knew it was a comfortable fit.

I have interest in this helmet also, but alas, we have no local dealers. I have heard and read some enticing things to make me believe I would like this helmet, I would order one over the internet if I knew it was a comfortable fit.
First you have to find an internet helmet dealer that carries this one...then one who will take a return.....I remember ordering from Helmet City or one of those Arizona internet places that accepted the return.

RR

Ron one thing I like is the sun shield. The fact I could look through it to view road and under it to view GPS . With my Arai it is loud but if I stand up in clean air it becomes quiet. Did you ever try that with the Nolan ?

I also like the fact that glasses are very easy to put on with front of helmet flipped up.

Ron one thing I like is the sun shield. The fact I could look through it to view road and under it to view GPS . With my Arai it is loud but if I stand up in clean air it becomes quiet. Did you ever try that with the Nolan ?I also like the fact that glasses are very easy to put on with front of helmet flipped up.
Hey ditto on those observations....

Ron

I have one and like it alot. I also have an HJC flip which isn't near as nice in fit and quality. I took the sun shield off because i like to ride with the visor open. It does no good up. Plus it bugged me looking through the shield half tinted. I got mine from the Helmet shop in Daytona. solid color was 4259 delivered 3 day shipping.

Won't helpwith a test fit, but Helmet Harbor has customer service second to none, IMHO. I had a X1002, but it just didn't work for me. Beautiful helmet, just can't handle full face.

Had you considered the Caberg Justissimo ?

SkyWay pointed this helmet out to me - and it fits my big round fat head perfectly. The integrated sun shade is deployed by moving a slide on the left side of the helmet - what's great is I don't have to change my glasses - my trifocals stay in place, and the sun visor just drops down. I'm very happy with it.

Review of Caberg Justissimo

I paid $283.75 at Classic Cruiser with free shipping. Classic Cruiser

Just my .02.

I would consider one of those helmets but need to try one on first. I don't know of anyone who carries them in Chicago area.

Had you considered the Caberg Justissimo ?
SkyWay pointed this helmet out to me - and it fits my big round fat head perfectly. The integrated sun shade is deployed by moving a slide on the left side of the helmet - what's great is I don't have to change my glasses - my trifocals stay in place, and the sun visor just drops down. I'm very happy with it.

Review of Caberg Justissimo

I paid $283.75 at Classic Cruiser with free shipping. Classic Cruiser

Just my .02.

I wear a Nolan N-100 and like it well, had it for 5 years. I had the local Honda dealer order it for me so I could return it if it didn't fit. I measured the circumference of my head and the Nolan size chart said medium, and I ordered that. I tried it and it was too tight, so the dealer got me a large. It fit pretty well, though I had to compress the foam a little in a couple of spots to get it just right.

Anyone know if the venting has been improved on the N-102 vs the N-100? It works on the N-100 but could be better.

I wear a Nolan N-100 and like it well, had it for 5 years. I had the local Honda dealer order it for me so I could return it if it didn't fit. I measured the circumference of my head and the Nolan size chart said medium, and I ordered that. I tried it and it was too tight, so the dealer got me a large. It fit pretty well, though I had to compress the foam a little in a couple of spots to get it just right.
Anyone know if the venting has been improved on the N-102 vs the N-100? It works on the N-100 but could be better.

I've got both N100 and the N102.

The top venting on the N102 appears to be identical to the N100.

The new lower vents open/close easier but I couldn't tell you if they move more air.

I've never had any issue with ventilation on either helmet myelf.

One nice thing is that the visior sheilds for the N100 & N102 are interchangeable.