Arai Helmet Company

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeFJR06

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a phone number for Arai Helmet Company and they obviously don't want people calling them because it's no where (that I can find) on their website. I've even searched in the yellow pages online.

Does anyone have a number for them?

Why are you contacting Arai? Warranty? Parts? Pissed? Legal action?

Arai wants you to either work through an Arai dealer or open a service account through which they will communicate with you.

Arai wants you to either work through an Arai dealer or open a service account through which they will communicate with you.
Parts....and hopefully warranty. Not pissed....love the helmet.

I have a Profile model helmet and was switching out my shield and the plastic side cover broke. I was hoping they would replace it under warranty. I am a registered owner and submitted and question/request, whatever they call it through their support link but I haven't heard back from them. If they aren't going to cover it, I want to get a replacement ordered. I would like to just call them to speed up the processl. That's all.

I have a Profile model helmet and was switching out my shield and the plastic side cover broke. I was hoping they would replace it under warranty. I am a registered owner and submitted and question/request, whatever they call it through their support link but I haven't heard back from them. If they aren't going to cover it, I want to get a replacement ordered. I would like to just call them to speed up the processl. That's all.
Why not go to the place where you got it? If they're an authorized Arai dealer, they'll be able to get parts. If not, post up - I know of some places to get parts. Since you admit breaking it when you switched your shield, I'm not sure they would be quick to replace it under warranty.

Why not go to the place where you got it? If they're an authorized Arai dealer, they'll be able to get parts. If not, post up - I know of some places to get parts. Since you admit breaking it when you switched your shield, I'm not sure they would be quick to replace it under warranty.
I bought the helmet online at The Helmet Shop. If you own an Arai (and sounds like you do), changing out the shield is not an easy task, at least I don't think so. I've done it a few times without breaking anything. I didn't do anything different this time, but the upper tab that holds the Side Pod on broke off. I guess it could have been something I did, or it got weak and just finally broke. Who knows.

I know Arai's you may need a little learning curve to change shields etc. It took many times before I pretty much had it down to change shields and remove the sides to clean etc. Two Arai's later and I never broke it ,bought thought I was going to the first few times.

Good luck.

You say you have a profile? I really like mine-the best fitting helmet I have ever had. I too did not like Arai's shield changing mecchanism, but I remembered the old system. Now that sounded like you were breaking something. The new system with the levers to help start removal is a vast improvement. The parts manager where I bought mine changed shields in less than 10 seconds. I still cannot change shields while wearing it, but the process has gotten easier and I never felt like I was going to break a side cover after the first few times. Good luck. B)

The biggest help I discovered when changing shields is to press the sides of the shield tight against the helmet when taking on and off, especially if you have a smaller (which is narrower) size.

Arai replaces my side shield under warranty (sent me both sides when I only needed one), iirc, created an account on their website and they contacted me.

It's a little tricky changing the side shields in and out, pm me if you think someone else could help.

regards,

I had a similar problem with a rx7 corsair and the person I spoke with in the warrantee Dept. Sent me upgraded sidepods and the plates that they mount on. They told me that the old style wasn't as strong because of a manufacturing flaw. The new ones are way better. If you go somewhere that sells new helmets, check out the levers they are different now. Here is the warrantee Dept #6108374210 but you need the new baseplates to use the new sidepods. They sent them all to me no charge. Which is one reason I will spend $600 plus on a helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update here. I filled out an order form on Arai's website for new Side Pods and put in the notes to please call me before processing the order. 10 minutes later, my phone rang and it was a really nice gal from Arai. She asked me how it broke and I told her that this was not the first time I changed the shield, but for some reason, this time the side pod broke. I told her it could have been something I did, but I had changed it before without a problem.

She said that she would send me a new right side under warranty, and new mounting side pieces as well. DailyCommuter, like you said, apparently they have stronger mounts, but I think I have the newer style already. My helmet is only a year old. Anyhow, I was impressed that she was going to do that for me. I told her she could still process my order and then I'll have a spare set incase I break another one.

She did ask me if I used any cleaner on my helmet. I knew that they say not to use any chemicals on the helmet, but I have to admit and did to her that I used Plexus on the shield, but tried not to get it on the helmet or plastic pieces. She said that you don't even want to use Plexus (or any other cleaner) on the helmet OR the shield. She said that it makes the plastic hard a britle, and the shield could eventually shatter if a rock hit it. She said to only use warm watter and baby soap. Yeah, right!

Anyhow, I have new parts on the way. Guess I'll not use cleaner on it anymore, only warm water. Thanks for the tips, I will definately watch the video again on how to change the shield. Funny how we forget things over the 5 months that our bikes sit in the garage.

Smoke

Before you remove the mounting hardware, outline its location on the helmet with a marker pen. This will make aligning everything easer since the holes are oval and not round.

Smoke I saw that vid and believe me, you have the new mounting system. That's a very old vid. My prior Arai, which I bought in 2000 I think, has the newer mounting system.

I found Arai to be very helpful. Another thing you can do, with ea new shield you buy, a little bottle of silicone comes with it. Put some on ea side of the shield around the pod area and spread it around with your fingers, this makes the sliding in and out and over the connections a bit easier.

regards,

Before you remove the mounting hardware, outline its location on the helmet with a marker pen. This will make aligning everything easer since the holes are oval and not round.
Cool, thanks for the tip!

Smoke I saw that vid and believe me, you have the new mounting system. That's a very old vid. My prior Arai, which I bought in 2000 I think, has the newer mounting system.
I found Arai to be very helpful. Another thing you can do, with ea new shield you buy, a little bottle of silicone comes with it. Put some on ea side of the shield around the pod area and spread it around with your fingers, this makes the sliding in and out and over the connections a bit easier.

regards,
Yep, I have that bottle if silicon right here. I'll do that when the new parts come in. Thanks!