Are the FJR 1300 bag liners waterproof?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkipS

Reaction score
I am heading out for trip to rain. I'm curious if the factory bag liners are waterproof thanks in advance

If closed properly, the panniers are completely and absolutely water-proof. The seal is so good on mine I sometimes have a tough time getting them to open after descending big mountain passes because they are pressurized from the elevation change. I'm betting they could be submerged for quite some time with no water getting in. They are definitely a quality design and build.

Being a PNWet rider, essentials (soxs etc.) are always kept in plastic baggies no matter where they are stored. Habit.

Last edited by a moderator:
even in your drawer at home?
rolleyes.gif

Like he said, he lives in the PNWet..

OP - the bags are water resistant, but the panniers are waterproof.

130,000 miles on my FJR and I ride all year long here in the Seattle area with it's constant rain. Never a drop of water in my panniers.

I have overstuffed them and notice a slightly larger seam between the 2 halves - not sure if they would leak then and I can't remember if I've ever ridden in the rain with them overstuffed. To be safe, don't overstuff and you'll be fine.