Are the maps from fuel moto actual made by them?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike747

Reaction score
I got a PCV from fuel moto. There are lots of places to get this unit, but none I found said they had a custom tune for the FJR. When I talked to fuel moto they said they had done FJR's on their dyno. So I ordered the unit. When I ordered the unit I told them I had on 09 and had Guzzy slips on. They said they had a tune for that. But when I read the PCV, the file that was on the unit was the exact same map that dyno jet has on their site. What the hell? I bought this unit from them cause they said they had done FJR's, but instead of a custom file for Guzzy's like they said, I get a copy dyno jets map. I did talk to Dyno Jet a few days ago and they told me that lots of resellers where claiming they had customs files, but were copying the dyno jet files instead. They were reluctant to tell me who those retailers were. Is fuel moto one of them?

Has anyone else here got a PCV from them and was the map actually custom or a dyno jet file? I'm going to call them tomorrow to get more details. I was just hoping to hear from other PCV customers of theirs first.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a PC-V from Fuel-Moto this spring. My hope was that it would cure the "Off Idle Throtle Responce" on my '07A. I think it made it a bit better, but still not the result I was expecting. Looking at the Map that came from Fuel-Moto it appears that all the low RPM PC-V setings are "0" adjustment ???. I'm pretty sure that I recieved a standard Dynojet map as well. I'm still using Stock exhaust and air cleaners with the O2 sensor disconnected. I requested a "Smoothness" map from Fuel-Moto as opposed to a "Power" map. They acted like they have never heard of the probem with many of the Gen II bikes. So I'm a bit sceptical as well. It sure seems to have some extra pulling power at about 3,000-4,000 + rpm though. :p Please post up what you find out from them.

I would be interested in trying a PC-V map that actually gives good smooth throttle responce. Where can I find one? What map are some of you gurus running in the PC-V ?

Thanks.....