Are the Yamaha "comfort seat's" really that much more comfortable?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!
Based on the many, many comments over the years about upgrading the seat, the factory Yamaha seat is not the way to go.

Quite a few folks are happy with the seat modification offered by a company in Florida named Spencer's. It is generally not considered as good as a custom seat by Russell or one of the Meyer boys, but is a whole lot cheaper. See www.greatdaytoride.com

I'd suggest you spend a bit of time searching around the forum. A well used search function using Google is as follows ~ your search item site:fjrforum in the Google search window. By playing around with your search string, you will be amazed at the information you'll pull up!

Good luck with your search...

Don

I have had the Spencers mod for a few months now and would say it is well worth the small amount of money it costs. I can go well over twice the distance I used to before my butt starts to feel just a little uncomfortable. I would highly recommend it

Welcome to the forum.

I had Rick Mayer seats on my 03 and 05 and loved them. Found the stock seats to be absolutely unbearable, and the custom seats were well worth the investment.

But I took my first 1000 mile+ trip on my 08 last week, and I was delighted to find that the stock seat was actually quite comfortable. An aftermarket seat is now lower on my "gotta have" list.

Jim/fjrjonesing

I've always been curious about the "comfort seat" from Yamaha to know whether it was worth the money spent.

But I took my first 1000 mile+ trip on my 08 last week, and I was delighted to find that the stock seat was actually quite comfortable.
Wait until the seat breaks in then breaks down in about 5 - 10k. I did 3 trips to FL and on each of the trips, the seat got more and more miserable. I'm on my third fitting with a Russell day-long. Great customer service, great seat. 1st seat: 1/3 of a day-long. 2nd fitting: day-long but not perfect. 3rd fitting to come: hopeful perfection (report to follow on new thread with pics).

git-r-dan :beach: