Are you considering a product like Smart Tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy a Tire Monitoring Unit?

• I am currently using one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not currently using it but plan on adding it

• I will not be adding it

• I could care less and this is a stupid poll

• Total voters
I found a system called Tire Watch at Vanco. This one looks like the install is even simpler than the Smart Tire but it is a bit more pricey. Vanco is offering a discount for FJRforum members... I think members can get it for $300 shipped... pricey but looks really good...

Check it out.

K

For the record, this is what I bought today from JC Motors at www.JCMOTORS.com They have a local facility in Irvine and I have been trying to find place where I could start a relationship where I could buy locally. I was pretty happy with the pricing.
Pirelli Diablo Strada Type E Rear Tire $123.00

Pirelli Diablo Strada Extended Mile Front Tire $97.99

Smart Tire Monitoring System $164.99

Angeled Valve Stem (Pair) $29.98

Total $416.95
I'd say you got a smokin' deal on that collection of stuff!

for the record, the phrase should be "i could _not_ care less", meaning there's nothing in the world that i care less for, than this product, survey, etc.
to say i could care less means, well, that i _could_ care less about it. like i care less about what perfume j lo is putting out; or where paris hilton is partying, etc.

hth.
[SIZE=14pt]F[/SIZE]or the record, capital letters (that's "upper-case") are generally used at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns, such as "[SIZE=14pt]P[/SIZE]aris [SIZE=14pt]H[/SIZE]ilton"

Nothing amuses me more than seeing someone rip another person's post apart by writing one that's even more fucked up than the one they're bitching about.
hah, nice. i'm too lazy to use caps. just don't classify me as one who doesn't know when and when not to, just because i choose not to.

oh, and there is a phrase/name for that phenomenon, when someone corrects someone else's grammar/punctuation/spelling, and the corrector has mistakes in their own email.

oh, almost forgot. i wasn't bitching. just pointing out. i didn't use any profanity in my post, just a little information. but that's okay, i know me, i like me, and darnit, i'm a good person. ( :

Last edited by a moderator:
for the record, the phrase should be "i could _not_ care less", meaning there's nothing in the world that i care less for, than this product, survey, etc.
to say i could care less means, well, that i _could_ care less about it. like i care less about what perfume j lo is putting out; or where paris hilton is partying, etc.

hth.
[SIZE=14pt]F[/SIZE]or the record, capital letters (that's "upper-case") are generally used at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns, such as "[SIZE=14pt]P[/SIZE]aris [SIZE=14pt]H[/SIZE]ilton"

Nothing amuses me more than seeing someone rip another person's post apart by writing one that's even more fucked up than the one they're bitching about.
hah, nice. i'm too lazy to use caps. just don't classify me as one who doesn't know when and when not to, just because i choose not to.

oh, and there is a phrase/name for that phenomenon, when someone corrects someone else's grammar/punctuation/spelling, and the corrector has mistakes in their own email.

oh, almost forgot. i wasn't bitching. just pointing out. if anything, i'd say you were the one bitching, since i didn't use any profanity in my post, just a little information. but that's okay, i know me, i like me, and darnit, i'm a good person. ( :
Your post reminded me of a scene in Good Will Hunting where an asshole at the bar was showing off and making one of Will's friends feel stupid in front of the cute girls at the bar. Will walked over and showed this guy who was regurgitating history a lesson that I am sure he will never forget. After he got the girl's phone number there was another scene where he asked the asshole if he liked apples. When he answered, "yes" (he showed him that he got her phone number) and said, "how do you like them apples." It was a great scene and I would recommend it for other assholes who might feel the desire to correct someone and take a cheap shot. :****:

hth.

oh, almost forgot. i wasn't bitching. just pointing out. if anything, i'd say you were the one bitching, since i didn't use any profanity in my post, just a little information. but that's okay, i know me, i like me, and darnit, i'm a good person. ( :
Your post reminded me of a scene in Good Will Hunting where an asshole at the bar was showing off and making one of Will's friends feel stupid in front of the cute girls at the bar. Will walked over and showed this guy who was regurgitating history a lesson that I am sure he will never forget. After he got the girl's phone number there was another scene where he asked the asshole if he liked apples. When he answered, "yes" (he showed him that he got her phone number) and said, "how do you like them apples." It was a great scene and I would recommend it for other assholes who might feel the desire to correct someone and take a cheap shot. :****:
touche. after my initial reply, i edited it, as i didn't care for my apparent demeanor, but apparently you saw it before it was changed. sorry if it offended you and you now think i'm an asshole that needs to correct people and take cheap shots. i liked that scene, too, fwiw.

oh, just now noticed that you were the original poster. please accept my apologies, in no way was i trying to call you out, embarrass you on the forum, etc. it was my intention to just simply mention a contradiction, that's all. seems it got out of hand, so i apologize. in lower case letters. ( :

hth.

touche. after my initial reply, i edited it, as i didn't care for my apparent demeanor, but apparently you saw it before it was changed. sorry if it offended you and you now think i'm an asshole that needs to correct people and take cheap shots. i liked that scene, too, fwiw.

oh, just now noticed that you were the original poster. please accept my apologies, in no way was i trying to call you out, embarrass you on the forum, etc. it was my intention to just simply mention a contradiction, that's all. seems it got out of hand, so i apologize. in lower case letters. ( :
No harm, no foul. I am not actually upset; I just could not resist sharing the parody. Thank you for the follow up post. :yahoo:

Had the dealer install the Smart Tire at the 1st tire change (no charge) and then left the Smart Tire manual at the shop. So after pushing a few buttons in the wrong order, came up with the unit displaying the tire pressures of both tires back and forth repeatedly. After reading the manual and making the right adjustments, it now comes on and has two signals (dashes) on the left hand side of the display that remain constant until one tire either looses/gains pressure +/- 3#'s or the same w/ temperature fluctuation. Found a great place to put it next to the key without having to physically bolt it in and can see it everytime I look down at the speedometer. I like the fact that if it shows nothing (two side dashes), everything is fine and when there is a read-out of information, something's wrong. At night, the display is a blue LED and matches the blue LED on the radar detector which is kind of cool. All-in-all, not an ultra-expensive farkle with a little bit more secure feeling.

Was that on your Goldwing? If so, do you think the FJR has enough room to have only the display showing like you did in your install.

You'll need to see where I located it on my 06AE but unfortunately won't be back in TX until the 11th. When back, I'll post a picture of the location. There was nothing to it. Took the hot lead to the switched side of the fuse for the accessory outlet in the glovebox (next to the battery). It draws very little current.

I voted for the "I plan on adding it" but that's not entirely accurate. I am considering it, but I'm still undecided.
Whatever the acceptable form of "+1" is now. :rolleyes:

I like the concept and the idea it might prevent an accident (to me). But, don't like it well enough to put it ahead of other "more" desired (again to me) Farkles.

LC

You'll need to see where I located it on my 06AE but unfortunately won't be back in TX until the 11th. When back, I'll post a picture of the location. There was nothing to it. Took the hot lead to the switched side of the fuse for the accessory outlet in the glovebox (next to the battery). It draws very little current.
It will take me a week to get my order so i have time and I would like to see where you installed it before I install mine. I want it to be in a slick place that makes it look stock. Thanks for sending a photo when you get back! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Latest posts