Arizona FJR Forum New Year's Day Ride for El Menudo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much for the offer. I already have plans for tomorrow but I am up for another time. Our 2007 Banquet is this Saturday night. We race at Firebird on the main track the weekend of Jan 12th & 13th and I am at a 3 day race summit meeting in Ft Worth on Jan 18, 19 & 20.
Do you guys ever do the Ranch House restaurant on top of Yarnell for breakfast? That is a 3 hr, 120 mile run for me.

Have a Happy & Safe New Year!

Randy
Happy New Years Randy,

I'm very familiar with CCS Roadracing, you & your people run a fine sporting event. I'm good friends with Josh and David Slepak, owners of BMW/Ducati/Triumph Motorcycles of Scottsdale. I have attended Firebird Raceway to watch their bike.

We of AZ Beemers, AZ FJR Forum Group, and Fast Tour Riders Group have certainly had breakfast at the Ranch House Restaurant on the top of Yarnell Grade. However, I just realized it has been a number of years since we have eaten there!

I'm leading the three groups above to Bahia Kino, Sonora, Mexico in February; and my 11-year old son Seth and I are touring New Zealand in March. But Randy, I'll get together today with SkooterG and we'll plan Yarnell for the last weekend.

Sincerely yours, Don Stanley

Thanks, Don, for the kind words. My family & I live for roadracing and motorcycles in general. Please find me at the races and say hello. I look forward to going to Yarnell for breakfast. Let me know when.

Randy

Hi Don

Hope you enjoyed your New Years day ride. I suspect it was somewhat drier and warmer than my ride home from the North of England. Fours hours of constant rain along with close to freezing temperatures make me long for our trip to the Pyrenees.

Happy New Year

Dave

Hi Don
Hope you enjoyed your New Years day ride. I suspect it was somewhat drier and warmer than my ride home from the North of England. Fours hours of constant rain along with close to freezing temperatures make me long for our trip to the Pyrenees.

Happy New Year

Dave
Happy New Years Dave, I wish you could've been with us, instead of slogging it down the motorway. Were you on the M1?

It was a fantastic day for a Central Arizona motorcycle ride. Forty bikes, sixty people, blue skies and at 20 degrees Celsius.

I am with you, I am really looking forward to our trip to the Pyrenees with Stef and the Italian FJR Forum Crew! Yours, Don

Alright folks, I know some of you bastages *cough*SkooterG*cough* are getting up there in age and stayin up drinking wears you out, but its time to RIDE!
Yep, that bastage SkooterG is getting to be freaking ANCIENT I tell ya.. :unsure: Just can't hang with the kids anymore...Sure hope I never get old like him... :yahoo:

Excellent day & choice of roads ! Thanks Don for helping put on a safe, fun day of food & ridin'. Couldn't have been a better group to ride with. Nothing like a great twisty, sweeper ride with good company at your choice of reasonable speed. Splitting to smaller groups & spreading out made for a safe & memorable day. The 2 new black FJRs sure were looking good. Nice to have met & ridden with some new faces & the usual suspects . . .

Excellent day & choice of roads ! Thanks Don for helping put on a safe, fun day of food & ridin'. Couldn't have been a better group to ride with. Nothing like a great twisty, sweeper ride with good company at your choice of reasonable speed. Splitting to smaller groups & spreading out made for a safe & memorable day. The 2 new black FJRs sure were looking good. Nice to have met & ridden with some new faces & the usual suspects . . .
It was great to see my FJR friends, as well as my long time BMW buddies yesterday. Very nice to finally get to meet BustANut and Rondo. The new FJR's looked absolutely stunning in black. I'll never part with my 2003, but maybe a black repaint is due!

It was great to see my FJR friends, as well as my long time BMW buddies yesterday. Very nice to finally get to meet BustANut and Rondo. The new FJR's looked absolutely stunning in black. I'll never part with my 2003, but maybe a black repaint is due!

Same here. It was great meeting everybody. I'm sorry I had to turn back at Superior, previous obligations, but it was worth shooting out there just to put some faces with the names. The beemer folks were great as well and I'm just itchen for the next group ride.

Sorry for the tardy posting....................

What a great way to start the new year! Muchos grassy ass to mi amigo beemerdons for being one of the driving forces for setting this up between FJRForum, FTRG, and the AZBeemers club. A 260 mile ride in some good weather, swell eats, and great peeps, is a great way to get the new year going. And what a turnout. About 40 bikes or so? And, as it turns out, the menudo wasn't half bad either. (At least for the sip I took.) Jane and I had a great time. Can't wait for the Yarnell Hill and Jerome ride later this month.

Here's a few of the photos I took:

The main gaggle of bikes at the Winkelman stop:

NewYearsDay2008.jpg

NewYearsDay20082.jpg

Another smaller gaggle of bikes (mainly kraut krap) at the same stop:

NewYearsDay20083.jpg

Two brand spankin new 2008 FJRs belonging to forum members BustANut and ?????, and vectervp1's 05 FJR. Note Arty-Farty's black wheels and FREEKIN HUGE V-stream windscreen.

NewYearsDay20084.jpg

More photos of those brand new 08s. Eat yer hearts out all you 08 waiters and snowed in bastards!!! I gotta tell you. I am NOT a fan of black motorcycles, and haven't been inpressed with the photos, but these things look a hell of a lot better in person. If your in to that sort of thing. ;)

NewYearsDay20085.jpg

Owners in background:

NewYearsDay20086.jpg

Doub B's 121,000 mile 2003 FJR. Notice anything different?

NewYearsDay200810.jpg

Apparently, last summer Doug had a run-in with a some sort of critter that left the lower part of his fairing flapping in the proverbial breeze. So what is a cash-strapped FJR pilot to do?

Make a semi-naked FJR!!! It looked pretty sweet, but I told him he needs to polish or chrome those header pipes!!! I was impressed on how clean his high mileage 03 looked. Hell of a lot better than my FJR.

NewYearsDay200812.jpg

Two riders from the dark side joined us. Here's one:

NewYearsDay200814.jpg

And last, but not least, after lunch and menudo, in the parking lot we ran into this cool little toy I wouldn't mind having in my garage:

NewYearsDay200813.jpg

Great times!!!!