Asshat driver while riding home tonight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
I was having a nice ride tonight and making a left into a 2 lane left turn when an old beige truck pulls up next to me also trying to make a left. We both turn and next thing I know this guy is trying to race me? I am still in my line and driving no different than normal. He proceeds to pass me and comes across the front of me only to slow down to make the same left I am making. Keep in mind there were 3 lanes he could have picked and I guess he wanted my lane in front of me. Now I am getting a little pissed. So now he is pulling into the same area I live in and riding behind someone else accelerating and skidding like a crazy man. I decide to follow him to where he pulled in to have a little talk. I mentioned to him he needed to be more careful and he told me to **** off.

I got off my bike, took off my helmet and walked over to him to ask him if he would like to say that again. He told me to go **** myself and he would say whatever he wanted. After that he was .....

He might have been drunk but I was in no mood to listen to his shit. I thought when you hit 40 you forget about that kind of stuff but I guess not. I should know better but this guy just pushed all of my wrong buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atta boy! :clapping:

You don't get many chances like that and glad you put him in his place. Now, the only problem is that this meat head might next time do somthing even worse with that big truck. Crazy world we live in. I always assume clowns like that are all around and you need to spot em. Good story. Well done. J

Atta boy! :clapping:
You don't get many chances like that and glad you put him in his place. Now, the only problem is that this meat head might next time do somthing even worse with that big truck. Crazy world we live in. I always assume clowns like that are all around and you need to spot em. Good story. Well done. J
I thought about that AFTER everything happened. I will keep an eye out but I drive a car most of the day and only ride weekends when I have the time. I should not let this guy get under my skin.

Much as part of me applauds you, I have to wonder - did this dickhead get your plate? If so, you may face assault charges. Yeah, he verbally assaulted you, but you hit him first, from your story.

Secondly, now I'd watch for this asshole and his buddies. You're vulnerable as hell on two wheels, and now he's got a bone to pick with you. Guys like that don't generally let it go. He'll sit and stew, replay the scene in his mind, and decide to come find you - and maybe do worse.

Much as I would *LOVE* to knock the living tar out of every stupid dickhead that acts/drives like this, the realization is that 1000# of bike + rider (it's an HD Ultra, shut up, I ain't that fat) vs. 3500# of car is simple physics. You will lose.

Dude, I totally understand *why* you knocked his ass down ... I just hope it doesn't come back to bite you in yours. :( Not sayin' I haven't flipped a bird and yelled a choice "F YOU" at somebody who's nearly run me over - but I usually just either accelerate away, or stop and let them get ahead. Maybe I'm a big pussy, and you did the manly thing. All I know is jail sucks.

Dude, I totally understand *why* you knocked his ass down ... I just hope it doesn't come back to bite you in yours. :( Not sayin' I haven't flipped a bird and yelled a choice "F YOU" at somebody who's nearly run me over - but I usually just either accelerate away, or stop and let them get ahead. Maybe I'm a big pussy, and you did the manly thing. All I know is jail sucks.

GUNNY!

Yeah, I've had a couple of tempting moments too, although not in my own 'hood.

Chances are *if* that mouth-breathing-oxygen-wasting-meatbag was a lawyer, he's not a very good one :)

I prefer to let those monkeys drive where ever and I divert my route. If they're hellbent on finding me then I'll lead them across the street from the doughnut shop ;)

Much as part of me applauds you, I have to wonder - did this dickhead get your plate? If so, you may face assault charges. Yeah, he verbally assaulted you, but you hit him first, from your story.
Secondly, now I'd watch for this asshole and his buddies. You're vulnerable as hell on two wheels, and now he's got a bone to pick with you. Guys like that don't generally let it go. He'll sit and stew, replay the scene in his mind, and decide to come find you - and maybe do worse.

Much as I would *LOVE* to knock the living tar out of every stupid dickhead that acts/drives like this, the realization is that 1000# of bike + rider (it's an HD Ultra, shut up, I ain't that fat) vs. 3500# of car is simple physics. You will lose.

I hear where your coming from and to be honest I am just now coming down from it since it happened about an hour ago. You are right and I will not go looking or a fight next time. I just want to warn these guys and I let my temper get the best of me. I am not going to go through life being afraid of assholes but I am going to work on not looking for guys like this. In the back of my mind I knew what was going to happen and I still moved forward. Next time I will keep driving or try a little gas coming out of the turn.

I applaud your actions in standing your ground but for me in this day and age you don't know if you are dealing with some street punk that is armed and has nothing to lose by going back in.

As stated above, just let them drive on.

I still feel motivated on occasion to do what you did to the richly deserving. But the older I get, the better I am at avoiding that sort of thing, and mostly just put space between myself and that type with as little fanfare as I can.

Now -- likely that idiot asshat isn't a lawyer, but I hope he didn't get your license plate with the intention of augmenting his income with a lawyer's assistance. Please, folks, THINK a second time before posting something that can become an "admission against interest" in a civil case (or even a criminal one). In civil litigation, the following questions are time worn in interrogatories or deposition: "Have you talked to anyone about this case? Who? What did you tell that person?"

In this day and age, that standard set of questions is usually augmented with this kind of series:

"Have you ever written about the facts of this case in any e-mail? To whom? What is that person's e-mail address?"

"Have you written about the facts of this case on any internet bulletin board? What handle do you use on that Board? What is the URL of that bulletin board?"

You get the idea. By the time you leave that depo, he knows every site you post to, and every handle you post under. And then his paralegal is assigned a Google search task.

Chat rooms, blogs, Googling sites, etc. -- all fair game and well known to lawyers nowadays. PLEASE consider whether you MIGHT be damning yourself with what you post BEFORE you post it. You can be sure that the admins would hate to have to turn that over to lawyers, but would do so under subpoena. So, make it easy on yourself, resist the urge to post admissions, and for God's sake, if you have to share it with someone, say it without WRITING it somewhere it is preserved and can easily be found.

Anyway -- good luck. Sounds like the asshat deserved it, but that may not be how a court sees it.

I still feel motivated on occasion to do what you did to the richly deserving. But the older I get, the better I am at avoiding that sort of thing, and mostly just putting space between myself and that type with as little fanfare as I can.
Now -- likely that idiot asshat isn't a lawyer, but I hope he didn't get your license plate with the intention of augmenting his income with a lawyer's assistance. Please, folks, THINK a second time before posting something that can become an "admission against interest" in a civil case (or even a criminal one). It is now common practice in civil litigation to ask modern day follow-up questions to the following time worn questions in interrogatories or deposition: "Have you talked to any one about this case? Who? What did you tell that person?"

In this day and age, that standard set of questions is usually augmented with this kind of series:

"Have you ever written about the facts of this case in any e-mail? To whom? What is that person's e-mail address?"

"Have you written about the facts of this case on any internet bulletin board? What handle do you use on that Board? What is the URL of that Bulleting Board?"

You get the idea. By the time you leave that depo, he knows every site you post to, and every handle you post under. And then his paralegal is assigned a Google search task.

Chat rooms, blogs, Googling sites, etc. -- all fair game and well known to lawyers nowadays. PLEASE consider whether you would be damning yourself if you got sued with what you post BEFORE you post it. You can be sure that the admins would hate to have to turn that over to lawyers, but would do so under subpoena. So, make it easy on yourself, resist the urge to post admissions, and for God's sake, if you have to share it with someone, say it without WRITING it somewhere that it is preserved and can easily be found.

Anyway -- good luck.
Thank you for that post. I never thought of any of the things you mentioned. If nothing else I learned what not to do. Thanks and I made some modifications to the post.

On the UK's crowded roads, you can get into that scenario twice a day if you choose to. I decided some time ago to turn the other cheek. As soon as you have finished with one numpty, another will come along and I chose not to spend my life putting the world right. You are a long time dead, make the best of living.

FYI

My daughter works for a company that does security clearances for companys hiring people. You would not believe the things she finds out about people on the internet. :blink:

I'd say 50% is what people post about themselves on myspace & blogs. :puke: But they find out a lot more, a lot more.

I still feel motivated on occasion to do what you did to the richly deserving. But the older I get, the better I am at avoiding that sort of thing, and mostly just putting space between myself and that type with as little fanfare as I can.
Now -- likely that idiot asshat isn't a lawyer, but I hope he didn't get your license plate with the intention of augmenting his income with a lawyer's assistance. Please, folks, THINK a second time before posting something that can become an "admission against interest" in a civil case (or even a criminal one). It is now common practice in civil litigation to ask modern day follow-up questions to the following time worn questions in interrogatories or deposition: "Have you talked to any one about this case? Who? What did you tell that person?"

"Have you written about the facts of this case on any internet bulletin board? What handle do you use on that Board? What is the URL of that Bulleting Board?"

Chat rooms, blogs, Googling sites, etc. -- all fair game and well known to lawyers nowadays. PLEASE consider whether you would be damning yourself if you got sued with what you post BEFORE you post it. You can be sure that the admins would hate to have to turn that over to lawyers, but would do so under subpoena. So, make it easy on yourself, resist the urge to post admissions, and for God's sake, if you have to share it with someone, say it without WRITING it somewhere that it is preserved and can easily be found.

Anyway -- good luck.
Thank you for that post. I never thought of any of the things you mentioned. If nothing else I learned what not to do. Thanks and I made some modifications to the post.

I chose not to spend my life putting the world right. You are a long time dead, make the best of living.
I like that. :clapping: Good philosophy! Hey, you need to get warned....

Guideline #2:

2. No religious/moral philosophy/political crap.
Don't worry, I won't rat you out....

I know you were jokin' Toe...

but it wasn't crap :) or preachy...just a helpin hand of advice...

...so I think he's okay here.... :clapping: :clapping:

:lol: