At Last: Pictures of My Black Beauty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin' Kyle

Reaction score
I've posted pics of my just arrived '08 FJR Black Beauty.

https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2911049730060783399orBshi

I'll figure out how to load pics here shortly.

BTW, is there a Forum list of nicknames folks have given their FJR?

Final thought: For eleven years they paid me to talk while I was on the radio. Now, as a teacher, communicating is my life. Yet, this is such an amazing motorcycle I've been rendered almost speechless. Almost.

I am a happy, happy boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is good to be happy. I got a dollar in my pocket saying that the FJR will make you even happier in the future. I can say this with confidence because you didn't mention the word "Farkle".

Art

That's more like Kyle! Ah, the sweet smile, I mean smell of success.....now wipe that smile off your face soldier.....just kidding.

Seems like the more I see the black 09's the more I like them and Kyle do have your wallet ready for the farkleitis. It is addicting. You have now been assimilated. Welcome and hope to meet at WFO if your there. PM. <>< :yahoo:

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth?

How to post a photo from webshots

1. Find your desired photo in your webshots account

2. Click on copy the code

3. Choose your desired photo size

4. Copy image location code

5. Insert image into post by pasting the image URL

2911049730060783399S500x500Q85.jpg

Note:

You most likely have to have quicktime plugin installed to view the video.

If you can't view the video it is just a walkthrough of how to post an image to the forum.

Yeah, I love the black too, but it looks kinda . . . naked. Get going wit' dem FJRkles. And Pawtracks, best explanation of how to post (pics) EVER!

Although Jay's Cessna 182 is loads of fun, the Feejer is Soooooooo much cheaper to operate and, really, you can see more from the seat of a bike than the seat of a plane anyday. ;)

Congrats on your new purchase! She is a beaut.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth?
How to post a photo from webshots

1. Find your desired photo in your webshots account

2. Click on copy the code

3. Choose your desired photo size

4. Copy image location code

5. Insert image into post by pasting the image URL

2911049730060783399S500x500Q85.jpg

Note:

You most likely have to have quicktime plugin installed to view the video.

If you can't view the video it is just a walkthrough of how to post an image to the forum.
Pawtracks, do you eat barbecue? Do you prefer ribs, brisket, or pulled pork? I'll either Q it for ya, or we can meet at a nice little place in Port Orchard and I'll buy. I don't know of any barbecue places around Allyn. But then, I'm gettin' way ahead of myself; perhaps you'll want to chow at a favorite place you have picked out. Thank you very much! :clapping:

I just got the same exact bike on February 28. The weather is finally beginning to cooperate so I can finish break-in. This weekend I put on the Real Time Industries black reflective 3M decals on the side cases--and they look great--like factory. I also adjusted my suspension per settings found on this website, which took all of about 15 minutes, requires only a 17mm wrench and a flat-blade screwdriver, and the difference is definitely noticeable.

My prior mount (still have it) is a 2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200s. I was comparing them and somewhat surprised that both bikes have the exact same tire size front and rear.

Have fun--and yes the black is awesome. :yahoo:

Pawtracks, do you eat barbecue? Do you prefer ribs, brisket, or pulled pork? I'll either Q it for ya, or we can meet at a nice little place in Port Orchard and I'll buy. I don't know of any barbecue places around Allyn. But then, I'm gettin' way ahead of myself; perhaps you'll want to chow at a favorite place you have picked out. Thank you very much! :clapping:
Kyle,

I do eat barbecue and will gladly take you up on your offer for some food and possibly some riding one day soon.

I am busy in/out of town for the next few weeks but May is wide open.

We will have to set something up.

If you can swing the time for WFO this year it is almost in our backyard.

I am already signed up to go if you have questions or need someone to ride with.

I went in 2006 but missed 2007/8 living overseas (Italy)/work.

Rob

Final thought: For eleven years they paid me to talk while I was on the radio. Now, as a teacher, communicating is my life. Yet, this is such an amazing motorcycle I've been rendered almost speechless. Almost.

I am a happy, happy boy.
Where did you buy it? I live over in Puyallup and am thinking about an FJR. I, too, had a K1200LT and now have a R1200GSA. As far as I know I do not have to move to Utah to be a polygacyclist, Do I?

I am a happy, happy boy.
Where did you buy it? I live over in Puyallup and am thinking about an FJR. I, too, had a K1200LT and now have a R1200GSA. As far as I know I do not have to move to Utah to be a polygacyclist, Do I?
I picked mine up at The Brothers Motor Sports in Bremerton. Dan, the sales guy, was really patient and gave me room to breathe. I don't know how many times I went in there and looked and thought about that bike.

Boy, am I glad I made the move. You will enjoy the FJR a lot!

If you guys are looking for BBQ in the South Sound Checkout https://bbqhunter.blogspot.com/ He is a biker in the S. Sound and a nice guy to boot.
Bbqhunter has the right idea!

While my favorite barbecue places are in towns like Llano, Round Rock, Lockhart, Luling, Taylor and the like, I don't get there as much as I'd like. Even though I was born in Oklahoma (Vinita), these days if I had my way I wouldn't live any farther north than Austin. That's not going to happen because I'm married to a Northwest girl who thinks 80 degrees is too hot.

I'll have to admit riding has made living in the Puget Sound, Kitsap and Key Peninsula more than just tolerable--it's downright enjoyable. The summers are mild enough to still wear your riding gear without grilling. And, if you're willing to ride in the rain, you can ride 98 percent of the time.

A great thing is that barbecue has become a 50 state deal and that's all good. There are plenty of places to ride to around here

One of my dream rides is to start out in Memphis, eat barbecue, then ride the Blues Highway to New Orleans, eating barbecue all along the way.

Barbecue, Blues and Black Beauty: that's a trifecta!