Attaching AirHawk Pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geosci

Reaction score
So, I just received new Air Hawk pads for myself and my wife. Wow, what a difference. We can finally go for more than an hour riding without having to take a break.

The small pillion pad fits great with the included straps wrapped around the pillion seat, but I can't figure out how to get the front strap of the small cruiser pad to fit around the front of the Gen I seat. It's just too short. The rear strap is not a problem and fits betwen the rider and pillion seats fine.

It looks like the rider seat fits far down over the frame and the strap is nowhere near long enough to reach back up to the other attachment point after snaking around the seat and the frame. For now, I have just looped the strap around the left side "horn" of the seat between the tank and it seems to hold it well enough, at least on the left side. I suppose I could get another strap and do the same on the right side.

Is anyone using an Air Hawk on a Gen I and had the same issue? Any better solutions?

So, I just received new Air Hawk pads for myself and my wife. Wow, what a difference. We can finally go for more than an hour riding without having to take a break.

The small pillion pad fits great with the included straps wrapped around the pillion seat, but I can't figure out how to get the front strap of the small cruiser pad to fit around the front of the Gen I seat. It's just too short. The rear strap is not a problem and fits betwen the rider and pillion seats fine.

It looks like the rider seat fits far down over the frame and the strap is nowhere near long enough to reach back up to the other attachment point after snaking around the seat and the frame. For now, I have just looped the strap around the left side "horn" of the seat between the tank and it seems to hold it well enough, at least on the left side. I suppose I could get another strap and do the same on the right side.

Is anyone using an Air Hawk on a Gen I and had the same issue? Any better solutions?
Try doing something with Velcro, they make a wide variety of fastening solutions. Lowes & Home Depot have good selections, in Lowes is by

the key kiosk & Home Depot by the chain & rope etc. Or ask a sales person if you can find one. They make a roll 3/4" x 60" that I keep with me and cut to fit, I find it handy to make loops for attaching bungies or tie downs, for tying around bungies to keep together & tight or just where ever

a zip tie or rope would work use this stuff as it is reuseable and can be made to fit just about ant contour or profile PLUS it does not scratch

painted or polished surfaces. I bet some of the people who visit this forum would also find it handy for tying each other or their favorite animals up, bonus is it leaves no marks.