Audicator turn signal reminder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing a little reading, FWIW here is a review of kisan vs kriss
Wow. Thanks. After reading that, why would anyone want the Kissan turn signal canceler? It sounds horrible.

But, to get back on topic, I already KNOW that I don't want an auto canceler. All I want is something to tell alert me in those rare instances when I have a brain fart and forget to cancel it myself.

Interesting side note: Since the time that I opened this post, I picked up my new company car. It's an '08 Impala, FWIW. Built into the turn signaling system is almost exactly what I'm looking for on my bikes. here's how it works:

When you turn on your turn signal you can be sitting at a light all day and no alarm, once the car starts to move, after some (pretty long) amount of time or distance (not sure yet 'cause I haven't RTFOM) a "chime" starts at a fairly low volume and increases in volume with additional time (or distance?). This seems pretty valuable, even in a car which obviously does have self canceling turn signals, for those times when the turn is too shallow to actuate the mechanical cancelation.

[edit] One thing I forgot to mention is the regular turn signal "annunciator" (the noise that it always makes whenever the turn signal is on) on this car is about the quietest I've ever heard.

I'll have to RTFM to see if the brakes have anything to do with the alarm delay like the bike units, or if it is looking at the car's speed, or what.

Last edited by a moderator: