Audiovox CC failed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingjon

Reaction score
After almost 100,000 the Audiovox cruise control on my '06 has given up. I thought I could get along without it, but now I am looking for info on getting it working again. All the electronics seem to be functioning properly, but it doesn't activate the throttle.

Is there some sort of trouble shooting guide available or a customer service number to call the manufacturer or vendor?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Jon

Hi Jon, lots of posts on this topic can be found by

audiovox fail site:fjrforum.com from a google search.

Good luck!
smile.png

Have you got the original installation manual? If not, I have a copy here. It has brief testing and trouble-shooting sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an audiovox on my dodge status with 404,000 miles and I have found that the activation button have been the week spot. You can take that pad apart and clean the contacts first to see if that is the issue. New pads are available on line.

IIRC, you can test the keypad by looking at the circuit board on the vacume module. I did a serious sealing of my control panel and it's still holding up after about 10 years of Seattle weather, but I've had other issues come up that stopped it from working. It's currently working fine on my 136,000 mile 2007. Definitely check the various troubleshooting posts that have been posted over the years for the most common causes.