Audiovox CC mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkooterG

I know that this is dredging up an old thread, but I was wondering if the Audiovox was still mounted up front on your bike, and if it was still working without problems so close to the headers. I am planning an install in the next week or two, and I really like that placement, as long as it is still working.

SkooterGI know that this is dredging up an old thread, but I was wondering if the Audiovox was still mounted up front on your bike, and if it was still working without problems so close to the headers. I am planning an install in the next week or two, and I really like that placement, as long as it is still working.
I still have my CCS-100 up front next to the headers in the "chin". Over 10K miles later, it's fine. I do have heat shielding around the unit, and I don't expect it to last as long as it might in other locations. Under the seat is probably still the best choice, if you don't have an AE, followed by up over the engine, ala the "Smitty install".

SkooterGI know that this is dredging up an old thread, but I was wondering if the Audiovox was still mounted up front on your bike, and if it was still working without problems so close to the headers. I am planning an install in the next week or two, and I really like that placement, as long as it is still working.
I still have my CCS-100 up front next to the headers in the "chin". Over 10K miles later, it's fine. I do have heat shielding around the unit, and I don't expect it to last as long as it might in other locations. Under the seat is probably still the best choice, if you don't have an AE, followed by up over the engine, ala the "Smitty install".
I think that depends on how you define best. I would say this is the best mounting location. It's cool enough that you don't have to worry about longevity or other heat related issues, the unit is well protected, and it saves the under seat tool tray for other things.

Thanks for the info, I forgot about the other mounting option behind the engine. I want to save the tool box space for other items, so I'm sure that one of these will work just fine.

I think that depends on how you define best. I would say this is the best mounting location. It's cool enough that you don't have to worry about longevity or other heat related issues, the unit is well protected, and it saves the under seat tool tray for other things.
Yep, I forgot about that mounting, too. That might be the best location of ALL!