Audiovox CCS-100: Electric servo rather than vacuum?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manowell

Reaction score
I'd swear that I'd read about this unit, and that the elimination of the vacuum canister would make for an easier install. Am I imagining things, is the another version that's direct servo-motor? I can't find any info on it....

Thanks!

Installing the vacuum cannister is not an issue, theres lots of room to put it. Makes the cruise work a lot better, smooths out the on/off throttle conditions, cresting a hill etc.

I mounted an old aeresol can under the right hand side cover, wrapped a bit of foam around it to hold it in place, Works great.

I was passed this website for a source of electric-serve cruise control units. I haven't compared them yet with the setup of the Audiovox. Just presenting the information here for discussion, if anyone's interested.

:D

I was at the SEMA (Speciality Equipment Market Association)show just recently and asked the Audiovox representatives about an electric servo CC. He stated they only marketed electric servo CC now. They have discontinued the vacuum servo CC.

After telling him I wanted to do the install on a motorcycle he said we dont have an application for that. But he did say that I should talk to the company that they buy their CC from. The Audiovox representative, kindly walked me over to the Rostra Precision Controls booth and introduced me to one of their representatives. After telling me that I would have to figure out the install, they said it should work. The dimensions of the control unit and servo is supposed to be 5" x 6" x 3".

Rostra part # Control unit 250-1223

Switch 250-3592 same switch that I have seen with the CCS-100 installs on this forum

Now for the question, has anybody tried this electric servo CC yet?

V65 and NightShine

The install described is same Rostra unit that is currently available.

Sounds like it should be an interesting install when I decide to try it.

Thanks for the links.

Just realized I posted the exact same link as Nightshine. Guess I should read more.

Over on FJROwner's forum, there's a thread telling of one rider's experience of a few years back with the Rostra cruise control. Don't know if it's the same model as Rosta is currently marketing, but the thread's a good read...
Here is a link to an electronic install by Damocles: fjrowners.
I contacted Damocles. Here is where I posted his response: Link

I would be willing to share the expense of the components and do some machining (I believe the case needs to be divided into two separate housings). Is anyone interested in tackling this one?