audiovox cruise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I after looking at the pic of this mount, for the first time I noticed the thread hole hiding under the plastic cap next to the reservoir on the left! What was that for? I do not see one on the right hand side.
I should have bought this mount - nice placement (instead of skyway's).

I'm considering adding the Audiovox cruise to my new bike. How about a picture of where you mounted the control panel. Thanks!
Check out the skyway mount for the control pad. Do a search for audiovox site:fjrforum.com and you should get tons of hits.
An alternative to the pricey (and maybe controversial) Skyway mount is the Murphs kit mount that I use-

dansb.gif

Only $28, and works just fine.

Murph's Kits
Standard mirror mount. For bikes that have bar mounted mirrors. These kind of things come from Yamaha's parts bin and aren't made model specific.

I'm not anywhere near my bike right now (still on deployment) but I recall that there is one on the right but I think it wasn't tapped. Just a blank hole. I always figured that if I needed to use it I could just tap it and have a right hand mount as well. I use my left side to mount my Chatterbox with a very rough mount that I made myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I after looking at the pic of this mount, for the first time I noticed the thread hole hiding under the plastic cap next to the reservoir on the left! What was that for? I do not see one on the right hand side.
That hole is for a left side mirror in other applications. Note the lack of a windshield switch and the emergency flasher in place of the switch? This is not a picture of a FJR, but the mirror hole is there on our bikes. After '03 the right side casting is not drilled or tapped for a mirror but some owners have drilled & tapped the blank for other accessories.

Edited: meosborn covered it while I was typing.

That hole is for a left side mirror in other applications. Note the lack of a windshield switch and the emergency flasher in place of the switch? This is not a picture of a FJR, but the mirror hole is there on our bikes. After '03 the right side casting is not drilled or tapped for a mirror but some owners have drilled & tapped the blank for other accessories.

Wooo hooo! :yahoo: Do I win something? ... No? :(

I defer to your faster typing skills. The next time I've got a pile of typing to be done you have won the rights

to do it for me :p

I defer to your faster typing skills. The next time I've got a pile of typing to be done you have won the rights

to do it for me :p
I was thinking more like a trophy, medal or maybe even just a smiley sticker. It could be a scratch-and-sniff like grade school!

Back on topic: I'm glad that there are a number of people that are posting their experiences with the AVCC install. If I can get my hands on one of the units in the Advanced Auto Parts "Clearance" I may be trying this install myself soon. I think I will try it out without the reservoir after reading this thread. The less that I have to cram in this bike the better. Of course, if I find that I need it then I'll wish I had put it on in the first place. I hope to locate a different place to mount the servo though. I like having that tool tray free for my cable lock and the insurance/registration bag.

Back on topic: I'm glad that there are a number of people that are posting their experiences with the AVCC install. If I can get my hands on one of the units in the Advanced Auto Parts "Clearance" I may be trying this install myself soon. I think I will try it out without the reservoir after reading this thread. The less that I have to cram in this bike the better. Of course, if I find that I need it then I'll wish I had put it on in the first place. I hope to locate a different place to mount the servo though. I like having that tool tray free for my cable lock and the insurance/registration bag.

I've had great results with:

I placed my servo on top of the engine, behind the steering head. This left the space beneath the seat available for other things like an air compressor.

I did not install a vacuum reservoir. Instead I tapped into all four throttle body ports. Plumbed 4 into 2 into 1 with vacuum check valves on each port.

Of course, if I find that I need it then I'll wish I had put it on in the first place.
Yeah, but that is about as simple as it gets, if you decide to add it. If I get my AVCC to work in the first place (ha), but yes, no cannister to start and we'll see...

I did not install a vacuum reservoir. Instead I tapped into all four throttle body ports. Plumbed 4 into 2 into 1 with vacuum check valves on each port.
I've plumbed into two (as does Mccruise). I like the idea of 4 though as it would make TBS's easier. Those little caps are ridiculous. A full vacuum line in there would be easy to pull...

Of course, if I find that I need it then I'll wish I had put it on in the first place.
Yeah, but that is about as simple as it gets, if you decide to add it. If I get my AVCC to work in the first place (ha), but yes, no cannister to start and we'll see...

I've plumbed into two (as does Mccruise). I like the idea of 4 though as it would make TBS's easier. Those little caps are ridiculous. A full vacuum line in there would be easy to pull...
even if you don't run vacuum from all of them at least put short lengths of hose on them. in my pics you can see where i have about a 9" piece on every port just to make TBS easier. i can't claim the idea but after dropping enough shit down into that black hole on a bunch of bikes. i can't think of a good reason why i didn't.

Jason my vacuum comes off the #2 throttle body where you attach to do sync. the hose runs aft along the wire harness on the left side. if you look in the last photo you can see it at the very top of the wire harness that goes to the ecm.
I'm doing me first Throttle Body Synch, and installing my AVCC this weekend, and I have some questions-

1- Is the Throttle Body Synch affected when pulling vacuum from one throttle body? Should all throttle bodies be tapped into for vacuum to keep in synch?

2- It looks like some have not added any vacuum reservoir- if this works, is there any reason to install one (I am a flatlander, so not a lot of hills near me).

3- What is best recommendation for reducing spring tension on the throttle?

Thanks!

fyi:

The audiovox cruise is on sale now at JC Whitney for $95 bucks with free shipping

CLICKY

Best of Luck & Please Ride Safe,

Mike in Ole Nawlins'

Check out my Gathering Ride March 6-9, everyone here is invited

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?a...&pid=522878

"Sometimes You Have to Use the Whole Speedometer"

"Riding is Life...Everything Before & After Is Just Waiting"

"The Best Pilots Have a Great Wingman"

"If you can't Ride, Fly or Sail it, Why Bother?"

"Go like Hell...worse that can happen is you go to Heaven"

Look around, there are a lot of documented installs around here. Are you feeling courageous? This will place the unit and a reservoir out of the way.

I'm considering adding the Audiovox cruise to my new bike. How about a picture of where you mounted the control panel. Thanks!
Check out the skyway mount for the control pad. Do a search for audiovox site:fjrforum.com and you should get tons of hits.
An alternative to the pricey (and maybe controversial) Skyway mount is the Murphs kit mount that I use-

dansb.gif

Murph's Kits
+1. I have a Murph's mount too. I bought it with the Cruise control when I intended to mount it on my Con-curse. Never got around to it because I became disgusted with the C*n*y. But I kept the Audiovox on the shelf till I finally installed it on the Feej. And wouldn't you know it, both the vacuum reservoir and mounting bracket I bought forom Murph worked a charm!!

I am also jazzed to hear of removing the return cable. I think if I went that route I'd maybe wanna rewind the Throttle spring, ya know, just to be safe.

Good to hear people are venturing "outta the box" on more than just rear tires and air box obliterations... ;)

dansb.gif

Murph's Kits
I still like this alternate control panel the best. It's an idea I blatantly stole from Brundog! :)

Thin gloves, thick gloves, doesn't really matter, it's always easily reached with the left index finger without taking your hand off the grip. I didn't implement the On/Off feature, although it would be super easy to do, so mine was always on. Never a problem, it always worked like a charm.

avcc1.jpg

Latest posts