audiovox on left or right?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
Have you guys installed the audiovox control on the left or right?

Instinct for a car would be on the right, but for a motorcycle I think left may be better to allow setting the speed w/ throttle and then using left to set it to cruise ...

What's your experience? especially if you tried both left and right at some point.

On the left. It allows throttle control with either hand using the accel/decel. It is very nice on long trips cus u can switch hands to drive on the long straight parts.

Left, though on a previous machine, not on this bike - I have yet to install a cruise on the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you order the skyway bracket then it is on the right for the AE and the left for the A. I have made it work on the right but I would have rather had it on the left if I had a choice.

The Gold Wing has the cruise controls on the right, and the arrangement works well. BUT, it works because they are easy to reach with your thumb while your hand is still on the throttle. Otherwise, my preference would be on the left.

thanks! On the left it will go ...

The left is the only place that makes any sense. You need to find your speed before you press the "set" button. You don't want to have to move your hand around on the throttle while doing so.
I can keep my hand on the throttle and set it with the same hand without any drama.

The left is the only place that makes any sense. You need to find your speed before you press the "set" button. You don't want to have to move your hand around on the throttle while doing so.
I can keep my hand on the throttle and set it with the same hand without any drama.
You must be more coordinated than me. :rolleyes:

Or you have the switch mounted really close.

You must be more coordinated than me. :rolleyes:

Or you have the switch mounted really close.
See the big photo I posted above. It could be the long thumb. :rolleyes: I would still have prefered it on the left but it works fine for me on the right.

See the big photo I posted above. It could be the long thumb. :rolleyes: I would still have prefered it on the left but it works fine for me on the right.
Doh! Sorry, I didn't realize that was your picture.

So, if you'd prefer it to be on the left, why not put it there? Yeah, you already paid for the gizmo to mount it on the right and you'd have to get or make something else to mount it over on the correct left side, but we spend money on farkles of convenience all the time. Does it have something to do with your missing clutch perch?

Doh! Sorry, I didn't realize that was your picture.

So, if you'd prefer it to be on the left, why not put it there? Yeah, you already paid for the gizmo to mount it on the right and you'd have to get or make something else to mount it over on the correct left side, but we spend money on farkles of convenience all the time. Does it have something to do with your missing clutch perch?
Skyway only makes a mount for the right side on the AE and I wanted to use his clean looking mount. The A is made for the left.

Of course, this beggs the question, why have the manufacturers (MCCruise included) chosen to mount the control on the right side for the Gen2 AEs?