Audiovox Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSimon

Reaction score
Ok, this may sound silly although I'm gonna ask it anyway. I bought a CCS 100 for my bike and have read up on the installation while awaiting it's delivery. The one question I have is what happends to the throttle when the cruise is trying to modulate for you? If you are hanging on to the throttle how does the cruise work? They are attached to the same actuator after all. Do you have to hold the throttle loose to allow it free movement when the cruise control is on?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when the cruise is set you won't need to be muscling around the bars, so a light touch will be easy to get used to. If you would rather hang on tight, no need to install a CC. Did you get a cool Skyway CC mount bracket?

You're fine till it wants to decelerate, you're going downhill and speeding up and it takes a second for you to realize whats up and then you remember. This happens a couple times until you get used to it. The Feej has so much snort the throttle doesn't really move a whole lot at freeway speeds, the range where I use the cruise the most. The light touch becomes habit after a bit, especially on a trip with lots of use.

+1

On acceleration the CCS 100 has a surprisingly strong pull and you will feel the throttle move or at least try to move. As Rad says, you need to lighten up a bit for decel. Again, agreeing with Rad (please, don't think less of me for this ;) ) There is very little throttle movement during normal cruising because ol' Feejer is a torque monster.

Alan