audiovox servo placement on 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomhanaway

Reaction score
Where are you putting your servo and how are you attaching it?

With the abs, there doesn't seem to be any room to place it under the right side panel.

The ony two spots I can see are outside near the rear wheel or under the seat.

Where are you placing it (other than the obvious x rated answer) and how are you attaching it?

I've read the threads I could find and this seems to be the one question I'd still like to get some opinions on.

Thanks,

Tom Hanaway

Mine's under the seat. Not attached to anything. 'Cept the big wire bundle, cable and vacuum lines.

Works GREAT!

Ok-I just didn't know if the push/pull action of the servo required it to be bracketed in so it didn't move.

As it turns out, I used the two bolts that hold the front seat lock to run a bracket to the servo.

May not be necessary but that servo sure ain't gonna move :^)

Tom

Mine's under the seat. Not attached to anything. 'Cept the big wire bundle, cable and vacuum lines.
Works GREAT!

No, it's certainly a good idea to have it fastened. Good call on bracketing it under the seat to the existing bolts.

On my '04 the seat actually holds it in place. Don't think my Corbin puts enough pressure on it, so I'll be bracketing the '06.

My servo is now connected with two vacuum lines to the motor through a single two into one check valve. No aux cannister. But the speed seems to be wandering a bit. Could be a combination of things. I think the vaccum is adequate. Perhaps the unit being loose under the seat is part of the problem (don't think so). I think the biggest factor is a little slack in the cable at the throttle tang. Time to take the tank off again and check it. Might as well do a TBS while in there, too.

Matt,

Took a look at your plane site. Awesome. I'm still in the thinking stage about building a plane (been there for three years-I think I've decided that that's a retirement project-and even then a quick build kit).

Anyhow, did you find vacuum check valves w/ 3/16" connector barbs on both sides? If so, where?

Otherwise, what size did you end up using?

Thanks,

Tom

Where are you putting your servo and how are you attaching it?With the abs, there doesn't seem to be any room to place it under the right side panel.

The ony two spots I can see are outside near the rear wheel or under the seat.

Where are you placing it (other than the obvious x rated answer) and how are you attaching it?

I've read the threads I could find and this seems to be the one question I'd still like to get some opinions on.

Thanks,

Tom Hanaway

I initially had mine under the seat, but my seat wasn't easily clipping on, and I like to have that spot for spare bits and pieces, so I attached it to the saddlebag hanger on the left (started on the right since all my wires were all there, but that was a mistake). Bag goes on, there's tire clearance, and the servo doesn't take up any space under the seat. I have an 04 - don't know if the mounts/spacing is the same for an 06.

Jeff