Autocom AVi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my Autocomm, Heattroller, PCIII, FUZEBLOCK, & my tire pump under the seat with BT Dongle under passenger area.

DSC05575.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

When I want passenger hookup I just pull their cable out from under rear seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A powered tank bag is a great place to stick the autocom. I have my wiring underneath a vented plastic divider. Still gives me plenty of room in a medium sized tankbag on the top for stuff.. I plug it into a panel mounted Powerlet. I run my autocom, music player, phone, a gps lead and my radar detector that has a mark pharnes led visual on the brake reservoir. The V1 is in the tank bag also. The gps is mounted on a stem stand with a tourtech locking mount. The gps fit in the tank bag when removed. Unplug and the tank bag can be locked away or taken with. Takes less than three minutes for me to remove or put into place. My fuse block is under the seat.

Thanks everybody......a bunch of good info :hyper:

I'm taking all the fairings off (quite the pain on this machine, but thats another topic) so I'll take a look at if I can find a place up front. I've decided to go with the Fuzeblock, as it has the relay inside the box itself, pretty clean. If I can't find a place up front, that is easy to get to once all the plastic is back on, its under the seat.

I've done this enough on other bikes to know that for troubleshooting and adding stuff, the fuse block needs to be easily accessible.

Cheers :drinks:

Randy

Where is the best place to put it? Do you need to adjust the levels once set? Thanks Craig
Craig, I placed mine under the seat with a Kenwood radio as noted in the photo attached. Once the volume is adjusted, you don't need to mess with it after that.

I made a simple mount out of Plexiglass and velcroed in place. Hasn't moved in two years.

Autocom and radio installed:

l_35201974.jpg

Plexiglass mount installed:

l_24760120.jpg

Plexiglass mount:

l_15499070.jpg

BlueSea fuse block mounted under riders seat:

l_33861636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok get ready to point and laugh but this rookie is going to ask why are folks hooking up two way radios to their bikes I am guessing it for bike to bike comm is there a sceret channel FJR's use if thats the case cause these radios all seem to be under the seat. Someone please let me know however you see fit. Remember I cam from metric cruiser and in that community we just rode to a predetermined place and didnt deviate or think much after we saddled up.

Ok get ready to point and laugh but this rookie is going to ask why are folks hooking up two way radios to their bikes I am guessing it for bike to bike comm is there a sceret channel FJR's use if thats the case cause these radios all seem to be under the seat. Someone please let me know however you see fit. Remember I cam from metric cruiser and in that community we just rode to a predetermined place and didn't deviate or think much after we saddled up.
Yes, bike to bike. Can be very handy on longer tours where you're covering some major real estate with other riders. You just need to agree to a FRS/GMRS channel for the ride before hand and set them the same. Usually no need to change channels during the ride. Modern GMRS radios have auto leveling squelch circuits so really, once you find a comfortable volume, not much need to twiddle any knobs. Still, most folks leave the B2B radio out on the bars or tank bag, somewhere accessible, even if their Comm system is buried under the seat.

I just hang mine (a Motorola Talkabout T5720) from a strap around the front brake reservoir. While not exactly waterproof, it is water resistant, and somewhat protected from the elements by the windshield. Easily removed and tossed in the tank bag or side case. And they are cheap, so if it does crap out or get snagged by some mentally defective deviant it's not a really big deal.

2046471200098858932S500x500Q85.jpg

I have a second one that my son uses when he's ridinag along with me on the VFR. It makes even "day trips" that much more fun. Since we both have intercoms for entertainment and talking to passengers, adding the B2B radios was a no-brainer.