Autocom!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used one for two summers. It works great. Never had a problem yet and was easy to hook up. One installation point though. If your helmet chin vent blows directly on the mike it will over ride the VOX above 70MPH. On my Nolan the vent is turned up to blow up the inside of the face shield and I have had no VOX problems, even at 150MPH.

Phil

Wife want a com set. Been looking at Autocom Active-Plus kit. I don't need it to do everything like the Super Pro AVi, just be able to talk to her when she's on the back. So what's your opinion on this model, or any other model for that fact! Who has one?
Couldn't find a lower price on the web, but I'm sure someone will tell of one now that I bought it.
I looked at them in Atlanta also but did not want to pay the 8% sales tax. I will be shopping for one soon. I think I am going with the easy-plus.
Call Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center 918.446.2245

He is the master who will lead you to Autocom enlightenment, and cut you a good deal at the same time. He carries the complete line and all accessories to hook it up to whatever you want, as well as the expertise to guide you through the com system forest. He's tried a bunch more systems than I have, and won't hesitate to share his wealth of knowledge and experience, especially if you're looking to buy.

I have tried three different brands of com systems, due to issues with two previous ones, before I went with the Autocom. It has never caused me any grief whatsoever, which is a whole lot more than I can say for the two previous units. The connections are beefy and more glove-friendly than the others I've tried, and the Autocom has wire terminal sections coming out of the unit, as opposed to female din plugs like some others, which can be hard to keep things plugged into due to movement and vibration.

I give it two :good:

+1 on swapping out the speakers for some Hi-Fi units though. Even the FJR isn't perfect, but the Autocom comes damned close.

The only complaint I have with it is that you have to open the case up and use a small screwdriver to adjust the VOX trip. It takes a bit of stop-and-go tweaking, but I haven't thought much about it since I took the time to get it adjusted right.
Toe, have you had good service by this Guy Kieth? I have talked to him on the phone and he is very knowledgeable and very helpfull. But I have been trying to order a system from him for 5 weeks now and have found his service to be substandard. Another forum member and friend has reported the same problem. He seems to be very very slow on shipping. :angry:

I needed mine for the trip next week to Jacksonville and finally gave up on Kieth and paid the extra bucks and ordered from aoutocom.

Sorry to kind of get off topic.

My only experience so far with intercom has been chatterbox and that was bad. So I decided to go with the autocom and a kenwood radio for bike to bike

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i Bought the Autocom pro avi today from Tulsa Truck Center (Keith).. Shhould go out in the mail tomarrow he says.

Keith know his autocom very well and if not he find out for.

Call Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center 918.446.2245

Thanks for the Info Toecutter.

Jdog

Toe, have you had good service by this Guy Kieth? I have talked to him on the phone and he is very knowledgeable and very helpfull. But I have been trying to order a system from him for 5 weeks now and have found his service to be substandard. Another forum member and friend has reported the same problem. He seems to be very very slow on shipping. :angry:
Keith is definitely a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" kind of vendor. The phone calls are always one way and you have to jog his memory each time you talk, but once you give him the payment info he usually gets it done. Just call each day asking for tracking info until he gets it shipped. Great service usually comes with a price, and I'm willing to work a little harder to get good deals.

Hats of to Keith and autocom, I got mine form Keith @ Tulas truck center in 3 days, I installed it today and wooooow, very nice. I havent had the chance to try out the Gmrs yet due to Back order of the radio cable but it should be here this next week... the Super Pro was Crystel Clear with my Phone and ipod tested up to 100MPh...I have it wire to cig plug into my Tank bag. I have absolutely no buzz or interferance at all... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Super pro Avi 380.00 damn good price

Jdog

Hats of to Keith and autocom, I got mine form Keith @ Tulas truck center in 3 days, I installed it today and wooooow, very nice. I havent had the chance to try out the Gmrs yet due to Back order of the radio cable but it should be here this next week... the Super Pro was Crystel Clear with my Phone and ipod tested up to 100MPh...I have it wire to cig plug into my Tank bag. I have absolutely no buzz or interferance at all... :thumbsupsmileyanim: Super pro Avi 380.00 damn good price

Jdog
How about the passenger perspective?

I have tested it with the wife in driveway, But it was getting dark so we didnt ride yet. I did crank engine while we where testing, and i do have the Blue flame exhuast ( Very Loud in garage) and we had no problem Crystel Clear, Had to turn volume down , She said music was to loud.

Jeff

I use the super pro, with cheap sony earbuds (bout 39.00 a pair) and it is better than the speakers. I am probably going to look into the TA-100 earbuds... Lemme see.......

Here they are

I am concerned with how often I need consumables (replacement ear pieces) for these

I like my autocom ALOT. I do have a need for a boosteroo or similar. Placement of the feedback mike needs adjustment now that I have earbuds. It pushes from comfy volume to too loud with earbuds. But I have it by my face shield now. I will place it back behind my liner when I get around to it

Talking to my pillion is flawless. the earbuds require you buy a lower cord with a jack built in to it to plug the earbuds into (they have them at autocom too)

I have used J&M (goldwing) and converted the Goldwing to Autocom too. The autocom is the best I have used far... I will be staying with it.

I put the autocom to the test this past weekend :good:

I tested a cobra Gmrs radio upto 80 mph and was clear as can be. I also test a CB radio Cobra hh38wxst 40 channel and got same crystel clear reception. Also auto com claimed i couldnt use bike battery to power cb. due to alt. noise.. Well it work perfactly for me, no problems.. I give it :good: :good:

Jdog

I put the autocom to the test this past weekend :good:
I tested a cobra Gmrs radio upto 80 mph and was clear as can be. I also test a CB radio Cobra hh38wxst 40 channel and got same crystel clear reception. Also auto com claimed i couldnt use bike battery to power cb. due to alt. noise.. Well it work perfactly for me, no problems.. I give it :good: :good:

Jdog
Where are you guys mounting the radio? Tank bag?

Yo looky down, got mine in bag and radio on the bag straps

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0002-1.jpg