Auxiliary Light Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce McCrary

Reaction score
Looking to add another set of auxiliary lights to my Gen II FJR, but I need a set of brackets. The one's I'd really like were made by the folks at FJR Goodies i.e. Desert Valley Powersports but they are no longer building them. It's purely from a looks point of view, but I prefer mounts that will mount the lights under and more or less even with the fairing. Most of the one's I've seen either mount above the mirrors, which isn't bad, but seem to be hard to come by, or mount under them and forward of the fairing.

So, I'm looking for suggestions, ideas, a set someone has they aren't using, whatever.

Thanks!

I have a set from FJR Goodies and also just ordered a set from Garauld. The only difference that I can see is that the FJR Goodies model has an additional arm/brace that raps around. I run the PIAA 1100X so I'm not concerned about bounce or flex that others have mentioned.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=4718

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The one's I'd really like were made by the folks at FJR Goodies i.e. Desert Valley Powersports but they are no longer building them.
The reality was that they were built by Bill McAvan and he passed away several years ago. Garauld's the guy for brackets. ;)

The reality was that they were built by Bill McAvan and he passed away several years ago. Garauld's the guy for brackets.
wink.png
That's what they told me, but I was just going to let that part slide.

Thanks for the info though. PM's sent!

I might have bought one of the last pairs about a year ago because they disappeared from the web site shortly after my order.
sadsmiley.gif

Here's a late but very much warranted update.

Garauld and I exchanged several emails in which I expressed my concerns and needs from a bracket. He went so far as to send me CAD drawings of his brackets with one of the brand of lights I'm considering mounted in different configurations. He also gave me what amounts to a satisfaction guaranteed offer.

That kind of customer service is unfortunately rare these days and should be rewarded. That said I of course ordered the brackets from him and received them shortly after placing the order.

At this point I'm in the process of deciding which lights to use with the brackets and am open to suggestion. After seeing the brackets and weighing other factors I'm thinking LED's instead of HID's, and even though Clearwater's seem to be the lights all LED's measured against, I really don't want to pay that much for a set of lights.

Suggestions and personal experiences are welcome and will be appreciated.