AVCC install possible problem, opinions please.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Q

Reaction score
This may be normal but the nut holding the cable to the throttle is hitting the throttle cable before full throttle can be reached? Not sure if this is common on this install or what...

iPhoneUpload-1.jpg

I am not sure from your pictures but it looks like the bolt/nut has a head on it. Try a bolt with a very low profile head. I had to bend the tang on the throttle just slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure from your pictures but it looks like the bolt/nut has a head on it. Try a bolt with a very low profile head. I had to bend the tang on the throttle just slightly.
1. bent the tang just a smidge.

2. used the lowest profile screw I could find (screw head on cable side of tang).

3. kissed screw head with grinder for a little more clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bent the tang over and it clears now. Just didnt seem right bending it like that but we will see...Thanks

Let us know of any other issues. I will be installing cruise on my '08 soon too.

All installed works on short test ride, I forgot the black ground wire from the control pad. Thought is wasnt used. Need to put rest of bike back together.