• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Avon Storm Group Buy on now thru 3/2/07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna look like a retard but these are for 120/70/17 and 180/55/17's right???God I must be an idiot............... :dribble:

The check is in the mail. I have a lot of riding planned for this season so I requested two sets.

Thank you Toe for pulling this together for us.

I have a lot of riding planned for this season so I requested two sets.
I am wondering if I should have done that. As it is however, I have enough rubber in the garage for a good 30,000 miles already. Still that has a way of going real quick once riding and rally season is here.

:unsure:

All payments must be postmarked by Friday, March 2, 2007 so I can get funds confirmed, order/receive the tires, and get them shipped out by the middle of the month.
That would be today, so....

To proclaim your intent and procure my physical address for sending payments, send email to: toecutter.bob at(@) gmail dot(.) comInclude "Avon group buy" in the subject. Please don't send PM's, my inbox is almost full.
Just a few hours left....

Saw a few sets of these beauties today at the shop. They'll be shipping out as soon as tomorrow.

Someone wrote:

Thanks for setting up and doing this group buy. Hope you get a free set.
Just for the record, I was never trying to get anything extra for myself, other than the warm fuzzy feeling of being able to give a little back to this great community. I would have shared the price among the others to get the group a better deal before taking anything extra for myself from being in the unique position of setting this up.

That said, here's what I got: Tyler, the shop owner, gave me a comparable deal on a Diablo Strada rear, which he ordered for me and got in last week. Upon seeing the Storms, with their nice deep tread grooves all the way across the middle, I decided I wanted one of those instead, especially since a check of the records indicated that I only got 6700 miles from the last Strada rear. So, Tyler agreed to give me the credit of my purchase price of the Pirelli toward an Avon rear. Woot!

In fairness to Pirelli, my now had-out front lasted about 18,000 miles!

Last edited by a moderator: