Avon Storm Pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure Skoot's a "have fun alone" type of tire changer...

It's the only way to roll!

SWmototire: $243.90 to my door.
Bill
I got a set of Avon Storms from SWmototire for the same price ($243.90). I just checked, today, with my local dealer and, if I pull the wheels, they will mount and balance both front and rear for $60.00. Didn't seem too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Front-$147.00 and $65.00 for mountingRear- $199.00 and $85.00 for mounting

Total with tax--$538.00 :angry2:
$50 per tire profit, and labor compared to Last Chance's dealer. You need to change your name from Axeman to "Patsy".

IF you have the ability, take the wheels off yourself and carry them to a dealer or a shop as suggested by 05fjrbluedevil. One who has modest mechanical ability can remove the wheels in about 15 minutes, re-install with drive splines greased in about 25-30 minutes.

OTH, if you are not able to do any of the work, check around at independent shops and compare prices and labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a local independent that gives me prices about $5 more than SWmoto but mounts and balances for free. So in the interest of time and effort, I drive in after work, he pulls the tires and mounts and balances for around $300. The last set was about $275 iirc. I think he has great buying power on tires by his price compared to SW.