Avon Ultra Storm 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the Azzaros, I'm just finishing up a set of PR2's that I'm rather ambivalent about. They're just not as confidence-inspiring as the Avons. I am scared off of the Storms due to them not being liked as well as the Azzaros and QC in the toilet. I guess I'm on to the Pirelli's, although I had a car with a pair of Pirelli's that I detested; I won't be going to the dark side with one... :eek:

Just had my new Ultra Storm II replaced due to a bad unit. Had it for about a week. Went out to do a tire pressure check and found a nice size bulge in the sidewall right over the area that states what max tire pressure should be. Since this is the first defect i've heard with the new storms, i dont think its a "batch" issue, but you may want to do a rudimentary check with the bike up on the centerstand to make sure all its well. This would not have been pretty on the blue ridge / skyline drive next week. Just got lucky this time.
Great tire while it lasted (200 miles) :rolleyes:

Greygoose
Yeah it's a weird deal; I went through a few sets (maybe 10?) of Azzuros & Storm Is over the years, and liked the "feel" of them. I'd get 6 to 7,500 mi. out of them.

But I too bought a Storm II front, and it was bogus. The dealer gave me another one, and it too was bogus, but not nearly as bad. The first one would wobble violently while banked over on the right side. The 2nd one would just go into a violent head shake at around 45 mph if I took my hands off the bars.. (I can live with that!)

I got about 7,500 mi outta the front and under 7,000 outta the rear. Nice turn-in and excellent grip, but the rear did lose grip when it was worn out.

Now I'm roll'in on a PR II 190/55 rear, and PP 2ct 120/70 front. I think the PP 2ct front turns in better than the PR II front.

But I too bought a Storm II front, and it was bogus. The first one would wobble violently while banked over on the right side. The 2nd one would just go into a violent head shake at around 45 mph if I took my hands off the bars..
Oh please :asshat2: , Banjo Boy, blame it on the tires. We both know you were running 18psi and was stonned off your ass when you were out riding.

Or, could be the fact that your so inbread because you family tree really has NO branches. :****:

Last edited by a moderator: