AZ FJR Forum Menudo Ride; en Domingo 16 del Agosto

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Kick stands up this Sunday, August 16 from the Goldfield Chevron at 0800 hours. Gas station is located at the Southeast Corner of US Highway 60 and Goldfield Road in Apache Junction, Arizona. Ride to Los Hermanos in Superior for the finest menudo this side of Sonora Estado border. Para tu pinche gringos(Skoot) not macho enough to eat menudo like Los Lobos; they've posole for tus putos perros! Back by Noon for D'Backs game at 1310! TV under patio awning and mi en la piscina.

Para informes: Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" [email protected] call BeemerDonS 480-917-3863 Vamanos, Amigos!

Menudo! Me gusta mucho esta comida. Can you get that any time or is it seasonal?Marty :eek:
https://www.loshermanosrestaurant.com/ Hola, Marty! I moved here from Morro Bay, California 22 years ago and my 1st Sunday ride was to Los Hermanos. They've been serving up menudo muy delicioso every Sunday!
Not to rain on the parade or anything,but their site says they are open 5:30-9:30 PM. AKA 1730-1930.

Mike

Menudo! Me gusta mucho esta comida. Can you get that any time or is it seasonal?Marty :eek:
https://www.loshermanosrestaurant.com/ Hola, Marty! I moved here from Morro Bay, California 22 years ago and my 1st Sunday ride was to Los Hermanos. They've been serving up menudo muy delicioso every Sunday!
Not to rain on the parade or anything,but their site says they are open 5:30-9:30 PM. AKA 1730-1930.

Mike
Mike, website has said that for 4 years now. I've been there one Sunday a month for the last 22 years. Trust me, it's open!

By the way which US military outfit did you serve in? For my 6 years in the US Army: 9:30 PM has always been 2130 hours!

Kick stands up this Sunday, August 16 from the Goldfield Chevron at 0800 hours. Gas station is located at the Southeast Corner of US Highway 60 and Goldfield Road in Apache Junction, Arizona. Ride to Los Hermanos in Superior for the finest menudo this side of Sonora Estado border. Para tu pinche gringos(Skoot) not macho enough to eat menudo like Los Lobos; they've posole for tus putos perros! Back by Noon for D'Backs game at 1310! TV under patio awning and mi en la piscina.
Para informes: Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" [email protected] call BeemerDonS 480-917-3863 Vamanos, Amigos!

I normally won't eat cow gut soup either but who knows. Count me in. I could use the ride.

b

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good time.

Bastids. :angry2: No play time left for me.

Mike
Mike, website has said that for 4 years now. I've been there one Sunday a month for the last 22 years. Trust me, it's open!

By the way which US military outfit did you serve in? For my 6 years in the US Army: 9:30 PM has always been 2130 hours!
I didn't serve in the military, that's why I screwed it up. :p Maybe I'll drag my ass out of bed early enough to join you.

Mike

Mike

I didn't serve in the military, that's why I screwed it up. :p Maybe I'll drag my ass out of bed early enough to join you.

Mike
Mike, Sounds good, Brother. Hope to see you on Sunday. Already a half dozen people are riding, even with this damn heat!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...hoenix/id/85004 We are not going to get a weather break!
It is going to be 107 tomorrow, but we will get out early and be back home in our swimming pools by Noon.

Let's ride for Cow Guts Soup! For you sissies that do not like menudo, LH makes great Huevos Rancheros!!
No break?!?!? It's forecast to be in the low 80s upon arrival in Superior! :lol: Shouldn't need the cooling vest for the ride there. If I can beat down this sinus infection one of my co-workers was kind enough to pass on to me,I'll see you at the Chevron.

Mike

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...hoenix/id/85004 We are not going to get a weather break!
It is going to be 107 tomorrow, but we will get out early and be back home in our swimming pools by Noon.

Let's ride for Cow Guts Soup! For you sissies that do not like menudo, LH makes great Huevos Rancheros!!
No break?!?!? It's forecast to be in the low 80s upon arrival in Superior! :lol: Shouldn't need the cooling vest for the ride there. If I can beat down this sinus infection one of my co-workers was kind enough to pass on to me,I'll see you at the Chevron.

Mike
Mike's Right; es Verdad: Ride to Superior will be really nice for we Phoenicians. Riding back to Blast Furnace: Not so nice!!!

What did that mad man say? Too much sun has baked his brain? LOL - have a great ride. Oh, and this time, Don, keep the speedo on when you go swimming, eh? RenoJohn hasn't been the same since the last swim 'party'.. :rofl:

What did that mad man say? Too much sun has baked his brain? LOL - have a great ride. Oh, and this time, Don, keep the speedo on when you go swimming, eh? RenoJohn hasn't been the same since the last swim 'party'.. :rofl:
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...reston/id/93432 Hola: Amigo Donaldo de Carver. Just got in from a hot ride running errands on mi moto (Cycle Gear in Mesa, saw SkootyG at his new M/C job, lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings in Chandler).

Just for grins and giggles I checked out the weather today at "El Honderosa del Carver" in the thriving Metropolis of Creston.

Dios Mio, Hombre: How in the hell can you stand the freezing cold weather there? 91 high & 51 low. You wearing a parka?

Sincere apologies for traumatizing RenoJohn. Old Michael O'Keeffe and I suffer curse of "The Irish Shillelagh". It scared RJ!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/...reston/id/93432 Hola: Amigo Donaldo de Carver. Just got in from a hot ride running errands on mi moto (Cycle Gear in Mesa, saw SkootyG at his new M/C job, lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings in Chandler).

Just for grins and giggles I checked out the weather today at "El Honderosa del Carver" in the thriving Metropolis of Creston.

Dios Mio, Hombre: How in the hell can you stand the freezing cold weather there? 91 high & 51 low. You wearing a parka?

Sincere apologies for traumatizing RenoJohn. Old Michael O'Keeffe and I suffer curse of "The Irish Shillelagh". It scared RJ!
So where exactly is this new Triumph store??

Mike

Dude, your killin me. I've got a million things planned for tomorrow, and there is no way I can get out of it.

I've been craving menudo too...

Dude, your killin me. I've got a million things planned for tomorrow, and there is no way I can get out of it.
I've been craving menudo too...
Arte: You and your Beautiful Lady need to take a break and come out riding with us for menudo, we'll only be gone 3 hours!!

Here's the recipe Los Hermanos uses for their menudo. It's a same recipe throughout Mexico States of Chihuahua y Sonora!

Menudo, Sonora y Chihuahua Style

Ingredients

3 lbs honeycomb tripe: Tripa de la Vaca

Water

2 pigs’ feet, split

2 cloves garlic, crushed

2 bay leaves

1 large onion, diced or sliced thin

Salt and pepper to taste

2 sprigs fresh mint

2 jalapeño peppers

1 29-ounce can white hominy, drained

Dried oregano, chopped onion, dried chili

flakes, lemon wedges

Cooking Instructions

1. Cut the tripe into 1-inch squares. Rinse the tripe well. Put it in enough water to cover.

2. Add the pigs’ feet, garlic, bay leaves, and onion and about 1 tbsp salt and a few grinds

of pepper. Sprigs of mint and jalapeño peppers can go in at this time.

3. Cover the pot and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until the tripe is done to your taste. I

like mine still a bit on the chewy side, but it can be cooked tender or even mushy, if you

prefer.

4. Remove the bay leaves, chilies, and mint. Add the hominy and simmer for an

additional 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.

5. Serve in large bowls, with small bowls on the side filled with the condiments, which

can be sprinkled on top, and a bowl of lemon wedges for those who would like to

squeeze on a little lemon juice.

Last edited by a moderator: