"B" spec Road 3's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckj

Reaction score
OK, So how do you tell if you have a "B spec" Road 3 or a normal Road 3? On the side wall of my tire it says max load 805 lbs and beside that it says LR B. I didnt buy the tires the dealer put them on to cure my head shake problem. What PR3 rear tire do I have? Thanks

My B spec has the letter "B" in a circle to the right of the "Pilot Road 3" logo. To the right of that it also has the "LR B" and "max load 805" as you describe.

Edit: add photo

001 by ray.rutnik, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took off a B and put a non-B on but unfortunately recycled the old already.

Both tires are 805 lbs with same load rating. Both have the LR-B

I don't see a B in a circle by the logo of the non-B

I just took off a B and put a non-B on but unfortunately recycled the old already.

Both tires are 805 lbs with same load rating. Both have the LR-B

I don't see a B in a circle by the logo of the non-B
This does get confusing, this will help... the Heavier Load Rated Tire will have Three Plys as seen here:

https://www.denniskirk.com/michelin/rear-pilot-road-3-180-55zr-17-blackwall-tire.p543975.prd/543975.sku

Michelin Rear Pilot Road 3 180/55ZR/17

Capacities and Construction:

Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 805 lbs./42 PSI

Load Range: B

Bias or Radial Ply: Radial

Tread Plies/Material: 3 Polyamide/1 Aramid

Sidewall Plies/Material: 3 Polyamide

DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes

Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless

Michelin Rear Pilot Road 3 180/55ZR/17

https://www.denniskirk.com/michelin/rear-pilot-road-3-180-55zr-17-blackwall-tire.p543975.prd/543975.sku

Capacities and Construction:

Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 805 lbs./42 PSI

Load Range: B

Bias or Radial Ply: Radial

Tread Plies/Material: 2 Polyamide/1 Aramid

Sidewall Plies/Material: 2 Polyamide

DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes

Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as how you can tell visually (to the OP), it appears in RacinRay's picture, it is the B to the left of the LR-B. I don't have that on my non B.

Does Michelin list tire carcass construction on the sidewall like Bridgestone? Compare number of plies and you have the answer.

Worn out 023GT Rear shown for reference...

TireSidewall.jpg

--G

Your question can only be answered in a new post and it must be asked on a Friday. ;)