Back from MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm in that number 6 times because I was in and out twice each day (I had a bunch of tickets, and on Friday they weren't even collecting the tabs).

Ike was an incredibly hard circumstance for Indy to deal with. Between the grip differences on the new and the old sections, and the difficulty draining water, particularly from the new sections, there's work to do. I think they're probably up to it though. I thought it all worked pretty well considering. If the weather had cooperated, I think attendance would have been fully twice what it was.... If weather is good next year, I'll be surprised if they don't get at least 125,000 legitimate attendees on race day.

My friend and a Ducati girl
DSCN0800-vi.jpg
Thank god she wasn't on a 916. Dat's one lil' cutie.

Well, I'm in that number 6 times because I was in and out twice each day (I had a bunch of tickets, and on Friday they weren't even collecting the tabs).
Ike was an incredibly hard circumstance for Indy to deal with. Between the grip differences on the new and the old sections, and the difficulty draining water, particularly from the new sections, there's work to do. I think they're probably up to it though. I thought it all worked pretty well considering. If the weather had cooperated, I think attendance would have been fully twice what it was.... If weather is good next year, I'll be surprised if they don't get at least 125,000 legitimate attendees on race day.
I was in there every day and they did not take a stub off of my tickets or the others I was with. I do not think they could get a decent gate number due to that. I enjoyed the racing and hoped to see the 250 but all in all it was a great weekend.

I already ordered our tickets for next year.

Did anyone here get to test ride the KTM RC8 at Indy?

What a great looking bike, sure wish I would have signed up for the demo ride. :(

Sorry I didn`t get to the cookout Sat. I spent Sat evening from 5:30 pm till 1:00 Am at a gas station on the southwest cornor of Indy. I counted laps for two (insert word of your choice) riders doing an Indianapolis SaddleSore ride. They started at 7:30 am Sat and finish 45 ;laps by 1:00 AM Sun. Not a bad average, 23 miles per lap, overall average speed 59.8 MPH.

Moto GP content. The wheather Fri. was grest, however as everyone else has stated---Saturday SUCKED!

My bike was in the paved lot off turn two. When I got to the bike it was on the right side, butt never hit another bike and only a bent brake pedal. It wasn`t the only on blown over that I saw.

These Duc`s didn`t fair as well however>>> https://farm4.static.flickr.com:80/3221/285...0cd9a5621_o.jpg

Sorry I didn`t get to the cookout Sat. I spent Sat evening from 5:30 pm till 1:00 Am at a gas station on the southwest cornor of Indy. I counted laps for two (insert word of your choice) riders doing an Indianapolis SaddleSore ride. They started at 7:30 am Sat and finish 45 ;laps by 1:00 AM Sun. Not a bad average, 23 miles per lap, overall average speed 59.8 MPH.
Moto GP content. The wheather Fri. was grest, however as everyone else has stated---Saturday SUCKED!

My bike was in the paved lot off turn two. When I got to the bike it was on the right side, butt never hit another bike and only a bent brake pedal. It wasn`t the only on blown over that I saw.

These Duc`s didn`t fair as well however>>> https://farm4.static.flickr.com:80/3221/285...0cd9a5621_o.jpg
Oh gawd, that's a horrible sight! Poor Duc's. They look like dominoes....

Sorry your bike went over too. Hopefully next year we will get some better weather!

Hey nice meetin ya Alex.

My dad (the guy on the wing) and I left after the 20th lap and the race was called. I knew there was no way they could run the last 8 laps. We rode to a motel just west of St. Louis that night. Did an 800 mile ride to Ft. Worth the next day via Hwy 7 in Arkansas. Got home without incident tuesday about 3 p.m. Enjoyed the races, the bbq and the ridin. Can't wait til next year. I was going to renew my tickets but sounds like ya'll had better seats than me. Let me know if there's any way I can get in on a group buy so we can hang together. I promise not to bore you with any Texas tall tales. Yeah right.

one note: When heading out of town I looked in my rearview mirror and I swear my dad's Gold Wing was at a 45 degree angle because of the wind. WOW!!!

I've been through a few hurricanes in my life living close to the gulf coast but that storm in Indy was something else.

Ride safe ya'll

Dewayne

I got home last night shy of 10pm. Pleasure meeting everyone, even so I forgot most of the names :( sorry really bad with names.
Thank you guys for a cook out and providing ability for us to meet even if it was brief.

I wish that I was a rider coach in Texas now.

I wish that I could ride 1/3 as fast in the rain as GP guys did and not crash.

Rain gear rocks.

I have taken a few shots and will try to post them in the next few days if I can find a time. My youngest started to walk and I will enjoying him for a little :)

On Thursday during the interviews every one had a smile and looked like they were happy to be there for the fans. All but Ben. When I post a pictures you will see what I mean. he sat through the 15 min Q&A with a face that said What the **** am I doing here, who the **** are you people. Such a prick if you ask me.

Rossi showed true champion spirit during the interview. Once he was done he jumped of the stage and was signing everything that was coming his way for at least 15 minutes. I got within a foot but was not able to get his signature.

Nicki was very impressive in the race. Yes, he would have lost a second spot in a lap or 2 max, but he put a huge effort into it. I am not a big fan of his, but GO Nicki.

On the way home saw a rider from Georgia that probably got lost and was traveling towards IL. Who are you?

Let's do it again next year.

What hotel were you staying in? That day after BBQ I was right behind you until damn Accord decided to read a small print on my GIVI. In any case by the time I reached you again you were off on 271 and made a right turn next to the gas station. My hotel was across the street and we are thinking of changing it.

WE were seating in J section 13 all the way on top first 10 seats. When you watch the recording and hear those bull horns that was us having fun :yahoo:

Storm was nasty. My GPS had a heart attack and refuses to charge while in the cradle now. Have to send it back to Garmin to be fixed now.

Hey nice meetin ya Alex. My dad (the guy on the wing) and I left after the 20th lap and the race was called. I knew there was no way they could run the last 8 laps. We rode to a motel just west of St. Louis that night. Did an 800 mile ride to Ft. Worth the next day via Hwy 7 in Arkansas. Got home without incident tuesday about 3 p.m. Enjoyed the races, the bbq and the ridin. Can't wait til next year. I was going to renew my tickets but sounds like ya'll had better seats than me. Let me know if there's any way I can get in on a group buy so we can hang together. I promise not to bore you with any Texas tall tales. Yeah right.

one note: When heading out of town I looked in my rearview mirror and I swear my dad's Gold Wing was at a 45 degree angle because of the wind. WOW!!!

I've been through a few hurricanes in my life living close to the gulf coast but that storm in Indy was something else.

Ride safe ya'll

Dewayne