Back rest for rider (not passenger)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judspin

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find a backrest? Haven`t been able to locate one for the FJR1300. Thanks

Anyone know where I might find a backrest? Haven`t been able to locate one for the FJR1300. Thanks

Not sure how usefull a "backrest" would be on the FJR given it's riding possition. Have you even ridden one yet?

EDIT: Corbin does make the "Smuggler" a kind of add on rear trunk that takes the place of the passenger seat. It comes with a back pad, but it looks like it just would be usefull in keeping you from sliding backwards and not really afford any support.

There is soft luggage that is designed to sit on the passenger area that many use as backrests on trips.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a passenger backrest I have a Premier Cycle accessories one that was only used about five times that is for sale

I saw this online just last week. I called the dealer and they are a consignment shop and knows nothing about anything. If someone knows anything about this I am very interested. Its was on ebay, Item number: 150190862125. Its in Omaha Nebraska.

FJR Double Backrest

Hopefully this picture imports ok.

Russell makes one, but you'll have to purchase their seat to go along with it. Pictures of mine HERE and more at their WEBSITE.
Thanks to all replys. I contacted salesperson at Russell. She tells me that I can send existing seat and they can fabricate seat back to existing seat. They will "work me in" and it will take a week or so. I plan to get Heli-Bars (1 3/4 pull back) also. Sort of a semi cruiser arrangement is what I`m shooting for. Yeah, I know, why not a cruiser? Well, I have one and am ready to dump it in favor of the FJR1300. Need a little excitement.....

Russell makes one, but you'll have to purchase their seat to go along with it. Pictures of mine HERE and more at their WEBSITE.
Thanks to all replys. I contacted salesperson at Russell. She tells me that I can send existing seat and they can fabricate seat back to existing seat. They will "work me in" and it will take a week or so. I plan to get Heli-Bars (1 3/4 pull back) also. Sort of a semi cruiser arrangement is what I`m shooting for. Yeah, I know, why not a cruiser? Well, I have one and am ready to dump it in favor of the FJR1300. Need a little excitement.....
I would counsel you to save your money. Even with Heli-bars you don't really sit straight (or leaned back) enough up to need or use a backrest. For back comfort on longer rides, consider this:

Master Yoda thread

By the way, a K1200RS is a similar riding position to an FJR1300.

I would counsel you to save your money. Even with Heli-bars you don't really sit straight (or leaned back) enough up to need or use a backrest. For back comfort on longer rides, consider this:

Master Yoda thread

By the way, a K1200RS is a similar riding position to an FJR1300.
+1

You'll never touch a backrest while riding.

Decal001.jpg

My back touches mine!

Long, but not wicked long.

OK, if that works for you, that's good then. I think I sit a lot straighter up and curve my back the other way (concave rather than convex). If I slouched like you seem to I'd have a wicked sore back. Hell I have a wicked sore back most mornings anyway, even when I'm not riding... ;-)