Backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using the Premier Cycle Accessories backrest on my 2007 FJR and my wife loves it. On other bikes, we have tried the backrests of various topboxes (Givi, BMW) and we have tried the Corbin seat backrest. This is by far her favorite. I also have a son and daughter, who on occassion ride as a passenger, and I am very comfortable with them using this backrest.

Premier Cycle Accessories Backrest

I am using the Premier Cycle Accessories backrest on my 2007 FJR and my wife loves it. On other bikes, we have tried the backrests of various topboxes (Givi, BMW) and we have tried the Corbin seat backrest. This is by far her favorite. I also have a son and daughter, who on occassion ride as a passenger, and I am very comfortable with them using this backrest.
Premier Cycle Accessories Backrest
Thanks for the info!

I purchased a backrest from Pirates' Lair. I looked around for some time and then finally decided on their product. I liked the fact that the backrest is quickly removed for one up riding. It is a well made product that I have been pleased with.

I purchased a backrest from Pirates' Lair. I looked around for some time and then finally decided on their product. I liked the fact that the backrest is quickly removed for one up riding. It is a well made product that I have been pleased with.
I second the plug for Pirates' Lair. I studied them all before my purchase. This thing looks stock - very slick looking backrest, good enough that I don't mind leaving it on when I'm on my own. But if you don't use the tamper-proof screw, as mentioned you can very quickly take it off when taking it in for service or if you just want to use it only with passengers.

https://piratesk12site.net/YamahaStealth.htm

Might check with Gary (aka garauld) through this thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...4340&st=140 and see if there is something you like. Mine is great.
+1

I had a backrest from garauld on my '05 and loved it. Better yet, my wife loved it. I believe he does color matching, baked finishes (whatever that's called, oh yeah, powder coating), and even custom designs if you need something special. He's worth checking out.

Might check with Gary (aka garauld) through this thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...4340&st=140 and see if there is something you like. Mine is great.
+1

I had a backrest from garauld on my '05 and loved it. Better yet, my wife loved it. I believe he does color matching, baked finishes (whatever that's called, oh yeah, powder coating), and even custom designs if you need something special. He's worth checking out.
+2 for Gary's work. More options for backrests now than in '06, but having something that is and looks custom is cool. Two bolts and the backrest comes off and the rack is clean looking and very useful. The color matches perfectly.

My wife, then 10 year old daughter, and 8 year old son did fine with it. Used a bikerbuddy around my waist for the kids to hold onto.

Last edited by a moderator: