bad buy on ebay need help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinibob

Reaction score
Ok been on a buying binge trying to get ready for the cfo.

Found some fz1 mirrors on ebay and took a chance.

Broke the hinge on the first one FIRST FOLD UP 1

So have sent two ebay messages and two email messages to this company with no reply.

www.clutchlevers.com was the ebay link and on the box the address is

23182 Alcaide dr #H

Laguna hills

CA 92653

Im giving them one more day and then i guess i will half to tattle on them to ebay and leave BAD FEED BACK!

I really like ebay but some times dammit

I like buying your used stuff better :D

This is there reply when they ship your item to you.

The following items were shipped on FRIDAY 8/11/2006....

300015852210 Yamaha FJR1300 FJR 1300 EXTENDED CARBON MIRRORS ##
Your package should arrive within 3-7 business days. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

Tanya (aka moto_kitten) & Simon (aka thesuzukishop)

P.S. We are always adding great new products to our inventory. Links to specific motorcycles can be found on our website at www.clutchlevers.com
Any help would be great.

Hate to tell ya this, Trini, but there have been several threads about what junk the psuedo FZ1 mirrors on Ebay were. You want decent ones, have to go oe Yami mirrors. They've been pretty decent IIRC. Can't help you with the Ebay'er, no exp with them. They are Emgo mirrors, most likely, perhaps they may be of help. But to be honest, this may one of those learning experiences one just has to write off with a "never again will I buy anything without some forum input". After all, criticism is what we do best... ;) :unsure: :p

I can pass by tomorrow, its in my backyard.

Please let me know where I could have an avatar like yours !!!! :dribble:

Ok been on a buying binge trying to get ready for the cfo.Found some fz1 mirrors on ebay and took a chance.

Broke the hinge on the first one FIRST FOLD UP 1

So have sent two ebay messages and two email messages to this company with no reply.

www.clutchlevers.com was the ebay link and on the box the address is

23182 Alcaide dr #H

Laguna hills

CA 92653

Im giving them one more day and then i guess i will half to tattle on them to ebay and leave BAD FEED BACK!

I really like ebay but some times dammit

I like buying your used stuff better :D

This is there reply when they ship your item to you.

The following items were shipped on FRIDAY 8/11/2006....

300015852210 Yamaha FJR1300 FJR 1300 EXTENDED CARBON MIRRORS ##
Your package should arrive within 3-7 business days. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

Tanya (aka moto_kitten) & Simon (aka thesuzukishop)

P.S. We are always adding great new products to our inventory. Links to specific motorcycles can be found on our website at www.clutchlevers.com
Any help would be great.
Did you pay with Paypal ?

If so, you go file a claim, to have your money back.

Ok been on a buying binge trying to get ready for the cfo.Found some fz1 mirrors on ebay and took a chance.

Broke the hinge on the first one FIRST FOLD UP 1...

Any help would be great.
How 'broke' is the hinge? On mine, I drilled out the rivets and replaced them with double-nutted bolts. Works great and the folding tension is adjustable. The rivets on those fake mirrors are shit. Bolts cost about two bucks with nuts.

you got email trinibob

I passed by this guys store, seems very honorable so give him a call. I'm thinking of picking up my own FZ1 mirrors from him as well as other products on his shelf tomorrow. He didn't know who you were by your screen name here, and I didn't have any other information other than your name was bob. So give him a call, very nice guy IMO.

Make sure that you do all of your communication through e-bay. Also, you may want to read about recourse you have and how long you actually have before e-bay will get involved.

All is good just talked to him on the phone 10:50 here wow he picked up and we talked and is now waiting for my returned box so he can credit my account thanks for the help homeys i knew i could count on you to give me a hand

How 'broke' is the hinge? On mine, I drilled out the rivets and replaced them with double-nutted bolts. Works great and the folding tension is adjustable. The rivets on those fake mirrors are shit. Bolts cost about two bucks with nuts.
+1. Roger-dodger. A-OK. Me too, after hearing Toecutter describe his fix. The only difference is I used a "nylock" rather than a jam-nut. I just took the rivet with me to the hardware store and bought a metric bolt the same diameter. Really pretty simple fix.

OR follow Rad's advice....buy OEM from Gary McCoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a similar problem with breakage on Bigdolma's bike (remember?) and went to home depot and got a bolt and wingnut. We used the same washers and was able to fix it within 10-15min. Still working as of today, so its something you should keep in your nuts & bolts for emergencies, keep some wingnuts just in case you don't have all your tools.

I bought the longer FZ1 mirrors from him. I have no problems and can now see the road and traffic behind me instead of my jacket.

Paint

I got my FZ 1 mirrors from a guy on an FZ1 owner's web site like this. He'd gone with some other set up and I got the OEM mirrors for half price IIRC.

I got my FZ 1 mirrors from a guy on an FZ1 owner's web site like this. He'd gone with some other set up and I got the OEM mirrors for half price IIRC.
i have so much used stuff on my bike now i think of it as a rolling rumage sale.hehehe whats one more.

ill give it a try thanks

well the ass hat has not refunded my money and i sent the mirrors back the next day so if any of you want to make a friend for life stop in at this guys place agian and remind him that its not nice to offer to refund people for junk products and not take the time to even respond to an email thanks !!!@#$#@$%!@@!

5 G's and I'll take care of it-complete with pics to enhance your "satisfaction"

6604B6B8-47CA-44E2-8351-6FDB22AB005D.jpg