Bag liner ???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have worn a spot through the nylon near the top corner of one bag from my laptop rubbing on it. Guess it was a little too tight in the side bag. That's one of my reasons for getting a Givi top box.

BTW, my bags are the ones pictured above with Left and Right etc. marked on them I have a second PDP '05 that came in July of '05.

Since I have a set of liners from each of my FJRs, reading this thread made me go and LOOK at them.

'04 liners: Yamaha [SIZE=8pt]PERFORMANCE TOURING [/SIZE]

'05 liners: tuning fork w/ YAMAHA

Both sets have Left and Right sewn/stitched into the zip-up lid.

It's starting to sound like all the early ones came with the liners like mine that say "performance touring", and then at some point they stopped producing those and changed them to just say "yamaha", which made them useable for more product lines. I saw in that '06 accessory catalog (the Finnish one, not the UK one) that the TDM900 and the FZ-1 both use the same side cases as the FJR. The ones that just say Yamaha would certainly work for all three. I'm thinking the mystery is solved. :detect:

I saw in that '06 accessory catalog (the Finnish one, not the UK one)...
Now I gotta ask, where did you see that? (just curious).
Recent post here by maywannayamaha1300.

The finnish site is;

here.

The UK site is;

here.

The Finnish site is much better, but I don't know how you're gonna get that stuff. I've got a call in already to FJRgoodies to see if they can get any of that stuff.

Been getting them on Ebay for around $30 a pair brand new, and genuine OEM.
If you are getting the bags from the ebay seller "cruiserbackrest" or whatever variation, those are NOT the OEM bags! They are VERY CHEAP KNOCKOFFS!

The ebay bags are absolute crap, in materials, zippers, everything!

The OEM bags are lightyears better in terms of durability and craftsmanship. I went through two sets of the ebay bags before winning a pair of reals ones as my door prize at the 2005 eom. The ebay bags were left in the hotel room trashbag, as I felt they weren't even worth packing for the ride back.

DO NOT BUY THE EBAY BAGS!

Call university motors and get a real set that will last much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been getting them on Ebay for around $30 a pair brand new, and genuine OEM.
If you are getting the bags from the ebay seller "cruiserbackrest" or whatever variation, those are NOT the OEM bags! They are VERY CHEAP KNOCKOFFS!

The ebay bags are absolute crap, in materials, zippers, everything!

The OEM bags are lightyears better in terms of durability and craftsmanship. I went through two sets of the ebay bags before winning a pair of reals ones as my door prize at the 2005 eom. The ebay bags were left in the hotel room trashbag, as I felt they weren't even worth packing for the ride back.

DO NOT BUY THE EBAY BAGS!

Call university motors and get a real set that will last much longer.
Do you really think I am that dumb that I don't know the difference between OEM and knock off.

I said they were Genuine OEM, they come from different sellers each time, people who have sold the bikes and maybe forgot to give the bags to the buyer.

To make a blanket statement like "do not buy the Ebay bags" is naive to say the least.

It's like saying "do not buy the FJR1300's on Ebay" as they are knock offs and not OEM.

Some of the liners that come up on Ebay are Genuine OEM Yamaha and are normally listed that way.

Skippy

I don't think you're dumb, and never said anything to that effect.

I said

If you are getting the bags from the ebay seller "cruiserbackrest" or whatever variation,
I bring this up because he advertises them as "exact OEM replicas" which they certainly are not! I was reffering to his bags as "the ebay bags," not genuine yamaha bags being listed on ebay.

Chill out skippy, I was just offering advice, not trying to offend you. Little defensive, eh?

I don't think you're dumb, and never said anything to that effect.
I said

If you are getting the bags from the ebay seller "cruiserbackrest" or whatever variation,
I bring this up because he advertises them as "exact OEM replicas" which they certainly are not! I was reffering to his bags as "the ebay bags," not genuine yamaha bags being listed on ebay.

Chill out skippy, I was just offering advice, not trying to offend you. Little defensive, eh?
yeah your right I apologise, I'm just in a shitty piss and vinegar kind of mood, sorry to take it out on you.

Skippy

The Finnish site is much better, but I don't know how you're gonna get that stuff.  I've got a call in already to FJRgoodies to see if they can get any of that stuff.
If you need any translation help (fin->eng), let me know ;)

If you need any translation help (fin->eng), let me know ;)
Ok, so I'm guessing that english IS the language of Finland and now I look like a doofus. :haha:

What I don't know is if they'll ship to the states...I'm thinking NOT. Glen at FJR Goodies tells me he thinks he can get it (the FJR tank protector) through his Canadian connection, just not sure of the price yet. If the price on the footguards is any indication, I bet it'll be exhorbitant. I want one, we'll just have to wait and see how badly I want it. :bigeyes: